“Charged my Credit Card 1000.00 for 6 nights.......”

Days Inn & Suites Morganton
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Morganton
Reviewed 11 January 2011

They charged my card 1000.00 for 6 days!!!! I booked a stay (over the phone) for a nurse working a contract at the local hospital. I was told it would cost $250.00 + tax per week or $878.99 +tax per month ( i have this in writting on my confirmation sheet from them). My nurse was only there for 6 days.... one would think that would fall under the "weekly rate" but when my credit card statement came in.... $1000.00 was charged to me. When i called "Judy" to ask about this charge... I told me, "you were told when you booked the room that it was only a montly rate".. i told her i was told no such thing.... Then she tells me "well its posted on our wall"...UMMM, I BOOKED THIS OVER THE PHONE!!!!!! AND JUDY WASNT THE PERSON I SPOKE TO WHEN I BOOKED IT ANYWAYS!!!!!...1000.00 is alot of money to get ripped off. I told her i house nurse in Morganton all the time, and if she was going to do things like this, id never send another nurse to her hotel again... She said that was fine with her.. this woman was rude, abbrasive and has no problem lying and stealing..

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Eevie01
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Days Inn & Suites Morganton

Reviewed 28 September 2010

Never felt that i was away from home, it quiet, clean and perfect stay for always.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank stevepro
Reviewed 29 July 2010

This is the second time we have stayed at this location in the last 2 months. It is very easy to get to although the parking lot is a bit small. The staff is very accomodating and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast needs some perking up, but the coffee was good! We will stay here again.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank meldy101
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I walked in on Tuesday afternoon. The front desk clerk (don't want to mention name - or would lose job) but was extremely rude. She was talking on the phone with another guest in a very disparaging manner. Just simply rude and condescending. I waited for her tirade to go on for about 5 minutes, then just got tired of being ignored and left.
I did not check in, so can't honestly comment about the rooms, but I think you would do better elsewhere ...... and oh yeah, the Comfort Inn up the street is even WORSE.
I finally ended up at the Quality Inn on exit 105, and found the rooms great, staff nice and efficient, and they spoke English!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank David M
Reviewed 28 August 2008

NOTE: I realize this is a long review, but please hear me out and quickly read this. I hope to help someone else stay out of this situation.

My wife and I made reservations to stay at this Days Inn location in early August. We arrived around 8 PM and checked in at the front desk with Linda Hastings, the front desk manager. Upon entering our room we noticed that the bed was very firm. I have had a small amount of back trouble in my past and from
time to time sleeping on a hard mattress can irritate it.
My wife and I decided that we didn't want to risk hurting my back so I went downstairs to the lobby and explained the situation to Linda at the front desk and asked if she had any other rooms available that may have a softer bed. She was very snappy and harsh with me and told me that all the beds were basically the same but gave me keys to two different rooms so I could see if it was better for me. I went into both rooms and tried out the beds only to find that they were the same firmness as the room we were staying in.
I explained to Linda that the beds were all the same and I wouldnt be able to sleep on them without a lot of pain. I asked her if we may just check out and receive a refund. She refused, stating that "there will be no refund because we held the room for you and turned others away". I didn't understand why we could not have been given a refund under our circumstances after having exhausted other options as well as not even staying in the room. I figured that I would take it up with the Days Inn Corporate Office and see if they could help handle the situation.
I contacted Corporate and they informed me that since it is independently owned, I would have to deal with the management myself.
Well, since then, I have contacted the Morganton location several times asking to speak with the manager. Each time I contact them, it is the same lady, Linda Hastings, that answers the phone and says something to the effect of "I remember you, and you won't get a refund, I'm sorry, we don't have 'Sleep-Number' beds". The manager, Gary Jivan, will not speak with me. So I contacted Corporate again and they said they would look into it.
Last night I received an email from Linda Hastings' email account (it is clearly notated in the email). The email echoed everything that Linda has previously told me (you won't get a refund, we turned others away and sorry, but we don't have Sleep-Number Beds). Additionally, the overall tone was VERY rude, and at the end of the email she actually signed the Manager's name to it.
They have yet to refund my money and I just hope that anyone who may stay here will yield this review as a warning.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank cbridges2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morganton
3.7 km away
29.5 km away
Days Inn & Suites Hickory
Days Inn & Suites Hickory
#12 of 13 in Hickory

Been to Days Inn & Suites Morganton? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK