“Best Mexican”

Plaza Mexico Bar and Grill
Ranked #41 of 129 Restaurants in Morehead City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We went on a busy Friday night, but were seated quickly and had excellent service. Chips, queso, salsa, Margaritas and cocktails all great. Carne asada was a beautiful plate and was tasty even left over. Combo plate was a hearty meal. Chicken quesadilla was very good, chile relleno was the best I ever had, tamale was excellent. Rice and beans were hot and fresh. A wonderful dinner.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We have been here several times and it has always been ver good. It is a good sized restaurant with a separate bar area. The wait staff is ver efficient and food came out quickly. Bar drinks are good and can be made to order with top shelf varieties if requested. Our favorite is the Hawaiian fajitas which are made in a coconut. We split this because there is a lot of food on this entre. It is an all inclusive of the meat groups and the flavors go well together. It is a good dining experience whether you are looking for something to dress up a little for or go casual.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped by for a late lunch with my husband. He ordered a chile renello entree with guacamole salad. I got the fajita burrito with steak.

We both enjoyed our meals along with the complimentary chips and salsa. Their sweet tea is delicious.

There's plenty of parking in the shopping center. The service was great and there is lots of seating inside.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

We've visited several times, and while the food has always been decent the service always seems to come up a little short. They really missed the mark tonight. We had dinner with some friends, for a total of seven in our party. We were seated right away and the chips and salsa came promptly, and our orders were placed shortly thereafter. The waiter repeated my order back to me, which was incorrect, so I corrected him (2 beef tacos & 2 chicken tacos, pretty easy right?) but it was still delivered wrong. My wife ordered fajitas which she was going to share with my daughter. Our entire party's food was delivered except for my wife's. Ten minutes later hers was finally delivered. No apology, just stated it takes longer because they have to grill it. What?! Start the fajitas first then if that's the case! The manager working the register was also unapologetic. There are plenty of restaurant choices in our area, needless to say I have no intentions of returning here. Great Mexican food with much better service a few miles down the road.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

I went here the other night with the family. I normally eat here at least once or twice a week. I had ordered a particular fajita. I had waited a little bit but they brought one out to me and I noticed it was the wrong one. I noticed it bit didn't say anything. But then the waiter came to my table said sorry we gave you the wrong order and took my plate. Then I watched in horror as he took my plate and gave it to another table. I was like wth is going on here. I had already cut up the chicken and veggies to perfection. I was a little mad to say the least. Good food good good beer but I'm not eating here again.