“Good to average ”

Ranked #3 of 287 Restaurants in Mooresville
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 23
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: At Blu Star Grill your food is prepared daily using fresh natural ingredients. In the mood for an amazing fresh Angus burger come in anytime but looking more for an entree choice come in any night and enjoy our Signature BBQ Meatloaf, made with the same angus meat. We offer fish, pasta, vegetables, anything you are in the mood for we promise we have it.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We ordered the daily special (clam & shrimp pie), bbq meatloaf & turkey wrap cold. Daily special was different, definitely not a ‘pie’ in the common sense of the word. It was good but more of a slurry with mashed potatoes in the middle. Bbq meatloaf was a stretch of the term bbq. Served with mashed potatoes & garnished with grilled onions.

The turkey wrap was more of a bacon wrap with a hint of turkey. All food was good, just not exactly what we expected.

Prices were mid to high for what we got. A little chaotic as the waitress was new & didn’t seem to have much support from others.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Expensive food but lots of choices. Average burgers with lots of nice choices. Shrimp with grits tasted weird though.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We tried Blu Star Grill for the first time. We were seated quickly, and then just waited. We waited for 5 minutes before a server asked if anyone had taken our drink order and we said no. She said I will be back to get it. It was another 3 minutes before she came back. Then another 5 minutes passed and another server said she would take our food order. We ordered a spinach dip appetizer and it was excellent. Another server brought our food to the table. My husband ordered the salmon dinner and it was a bit overcooked and bland. Everyone else's food was good. Over the course of our dinner, we had so many different servers we weren't even sure who our server was and I don't think any of them knew either. I'm not sure if they don't have assigned sections to wait on or what, but it was so chaotic. I am from out of town and really thought this was a brand new restaurant and they just didn't know how to get in the swing of things with their servers. I would consider returning for the food, but definitely not for the service.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Actually missed a turn on our way to lunch and ended up right in front of the Blu Star Grill, thank god for missed turns! Reasonably priced menu with fresh and delicious food. How do I know? Well the owner, not recognizing us, came out to meet and greet us and tell us all about his mantra: fresh is best. I had the build a burger and fries, my wife the grilled chicken on a croissant both were absolutely outstanding. The fries, if not hand cut were fantastic as well. We had the apple pie a' la mode for dessert which as the official U.S. Secretary of apple pie a' la mode was just okay (little too crusty, lacked enough apple deliciousness, the ice cream came right out of a plastic cup and there needed to be twice as much) but my wife really loved it! Looking forward to having dinner to really explore the menu. Highly recommend trying the Blu Star Grill.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Dinner was fabulous! Four courses, each course was fresh, delicious and the presentation was beautiful. My husband loved the ahi tuna appetizer, and I enjoyed the blacked chicken Alfredo entree.
Chef Zack get a "10"! Our server, Stephanie was attentive & made sure we didn't need anything. Nelson, the owner, visited our table and checked on us.
Perfect evening.