“Fast Carts, No Heat, No Rules”

The Pit Indoor Kart Racing
Ranked #2 of 51 things to do in Mooresville
More attraction details
Owner description: The Pit Indoor Kart Racing is one of North Carolina’s premier entertainment destinations. Located just 30 minutes north of downtown Charlotte, we offer over 140,000sq-ft of fun! Because we’re indoors, weather is never a problem! We provide excitement for any age group and events including birthday parties, group events, and corporate events. Besides hi-speed go kart racing, we have over 40 arcade games, 4 pool tables, a 3,600sq-ft laser tag arena, and more!
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Finally was able to get to the Pit and while I am sure I will return I was underwhelmed with the product. With the outside temperature in the mid-20's, indoors without the benefit of solar gain was probably around 20 if not below 20. Carts at speeds up to 45 MPH makes the wind chill somewhere around 0. Now had I known we would be racing in a drive-in freezer I would have been prepared as it is my hands should thaw in the spring. The employees were complaining about the cold too. Prior to going I had perused the website, watched the pre-race safety video and saw all the warnings that bumping would not be tolerated and yet one couple aggressively bumped their way around the entire course. I did not see them pass anyone or make any corners without hitting carts or side rails. Could be the employees were to cold to Marshall the course, but if I return and see this again I will call out not only the bad drivers but employees who allow it. If HVAC is out, fix it; non-existent install it, otherwise you will not see my money until May. At a minimum you need to warn people to bundle up for indoor carting.

1  Thank Aaron R
Don T, General Manager at The Pit Indoor Kart Racing, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

I'm sorry you weren't aware of the temperature issue. We run gasoline powered racing karts and the fumes must be exhausted, therefore heating 75,000 square feet is not practical when you have huge fans sucking the fumes (and heat) out of the building. Although it is cold on the track, the temperature doesn't go below 40 degree. Granted, when you're flying around the track the wind chill will make it feel much colder.

There is no excuse for our staff not monitoring the race. They are trained to recognize deliberate contact vs. people who just can't drive. It's hard to tell sometimes, but they are told to err on the side of safety.

All reviews
"all ages"
in 13 reviews
"great customer service"

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

The go karts were fun, but there is a weight limit. My step son is a big boy and couldn't ride. It was a huge disappointment. I think the limit is 300 lbs.

There was a lot yo do otherwise. Indoor putt putt, laser tag, bumper cars, etc.

We had a blast.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Came here for a birthday party. Kids did laser tag and putt putt. They enjoyed it. Looks like a fun place for adults to enjoy as well.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

We had my son's 5rh birthday party at The Pit last weekend. The adults and children both had so much fun! I decided to go ahead and book the party here knowing that the children attending were too small to ride the go karts because they also offer the Spin Zone bumper cars and several other exciting activities. When we arrived, our party hosts, Tyrese and Chetan, were waiting inside the door for us. They knew exactly who we were and led us to our party room. I loved the fact that they had a schedule and guided us through the activities the way they did. Their assistance made the transition with a group of children from activity to activity very smooth. We had plenty of time in the part room in between bumper cars, cannonball blasters, and the arcade games to visit with our guests, eat, and do cake and presents. The entire afternoon was a success and it wouldn't have been nearly as great without the 2 young men we had as our hosts. Thank you again for making Jackson's 5th Birthday so memorable.

- Brittany