“Great local joint”

Martinho's Bakery & Deli
Ranked #9 of 71 Restaurants in Mebane
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great local joint”
Reviewed 3 October 2011

This is a locally-owned place that's well worth the 2-mile drive to downtown Mebane from the the Interstate. Co-located on Clay street with several quaint antique shops.

Pizzas are excellent, and the large strombolies will feed an entire family. They have all the typical deli sandwiches, and all are on their homemade bread baked onsite. Best thing on the menu is the chicken Philly with peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Or, try the Johnson Club sub for a nice deviation from the traditional triple-decker.

Drink choices include beer, wine, soft drinks, and delicious home-brewed southern sweet tea. Gets busy during lunch but service is always friendly and usually fairly quick.

Note that this family-owned bakery/deli (whose bread is delivered to restaurants across the region) is closed on Saturdays so they can catch their kids' soccer games, dance recitals, etc.

Note that this family-owned business is currently closed on Saturday

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Mebane, North Carolina
“Very Average”
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Bad atmosphere. I understand it's kind of a grill but it seems lifeless and they spend no money on the AC. You go in the summer it'll feel like a sauna. For all this the food is just "OK".

Mebane, NC
“Always take out--Good Food”
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Martinho's is a place that my family and I probably get food from about once every other month for the past 10 years. Usually, we get pizza and/or sandwiches to go, and I think the food is VERY GOOD. I am not sure if they make the bread in-house, but the bread is fresh and excellent (which in my opinion is the key part to any sandwich). I have "eaten in" there a few times, and would agree with other reviews that the service (i.e. wait staff) is not well organized for sit-down meal, and the place seems to be on the loud side (different than a "normal loud" you would find in a restaurant--maybe it is just the bad acoustics of the room). We always call ahead, and get take out. If I was to "eat in" for some reason, I would order at the register, and then sit down at a table.

The owner's are from Northern New Jersey (which is where I am from), and the style of pizza and sandwiches reminds me of the food I ate growing up. So from that point of view I may be biased.

• Visited June 2011
High Point, North Carolina
“Poor Service!!!”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I have visited Martinho's for the third time now and with each time, the major disappointment is with the Poor Service. The Poor Service just takes away from everything else that can be good about the restaurant. It took more than 10 minutes just to get a menu. The last time we had to go to the counter and get our dessert to go. Most place are trying to get you to have dessert after your meal, here, they didn't even come back to ask. The food is okay and actually can be good with some of the items, but the fact of when you are going to get it takes away for the restuarant. After this last visit, this will probably be my last. There are too many other good places with good service to spend my money.

• Visited June 2011

Been to Martinho's Bakery & Deli? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK