“Great Italian!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2015

Local owned, local operated. Excellent Italian food, with excellent customer service, at a great price. This is exactly the type of business I like to support. If you are in Matthews, come here to eat if you like Italian or pizza, and I am from Westchester New York.

Reviewed 3 February 2015

Great Italian Food and Service. You will leave there full and with a box. You can even split a meal and leave full. Smaller restaurant great for family, couples and special occasions. My wife and I have been several times including anniversaries.

1  Thank XWagonmaster
Reviewed 6 September 2014 via mobile

I visited this restaurant today and had the buffet. It had stuffed shells spaghetti and meatballs chicken marsala fettuccine Alfredo and pizza along with other things. It was 10 dollars including drink and taxes. Good value for the money and the food was good. I would go again.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Great lunch buffet Monday thru Friday. Reasonably priced and good food. Would have liked some bread with lunch but got by. Fresh pastas and great meatballs. If you are hungry for Italian, good place to go and get a wide variety of choices. Will go again. Opens at 11:30am.

1  Thank James C
Reviewed 21 October 2013

After church, we were both hungry. We've visited nearly all the eateries in this center but Fontanells's. It advertises an Italian Buffet. We tried it and found it to be fantastic. They have salads and cold food stuff as well as hot veggies on one side, but on the other is the pastas, the sausages, the meat balls, the parmigiana dishes of chicken or veal, they had what appeared to be chicken marsala. They had pizza, breads and some good drinks too. The food was absolutely great. I ate so much that I didn't have room for dessert. This was the Sunday meal which is priced higher than the weekday ones. There was probably more stuff, but still, I'll try the weekday buffet too. Everything was so tasty. The restaurant itself felt like a neighborhood family restaurant. The service was wonderful. I'd definitely recommend Fontanella's.