“Our After-Church Discovery”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2013

After church, we were both hungry. We've visited nearly all the eateries in this center but Fontanells's. It advertises an Italian Buffet. We tried it and found it to be fantastic. They have salads and cold food stuff as well as hot veggies on one side, but on the other is the pastas, the sausages, the meat balls, the parmigiana dishes of chicken or veal, they had what appeared to be chicken marsala. They had pizza, breads and some good drinks too. The food was absolutely great. I ate so much that I didn't have room for dessert. This was the Sunday meal which is priced higher than the weekday ones. There was probably more stuff, but still, I'll try the weekday buffet too. Everything was so tasty. The restaurant itself felt like a neighborhood family restaurant. The service was wonderful. I'd definitely recommend Fontanella's.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Ignore the few negative reviews of this restaurant - this is one of the best Italian restaurants I have ever been to - even compared to my trip to Rome. Owners and chefs are actually from Italy. It also has the BEST lunch buffet you're going to get anywhere! The buffet has chicken picatta, chicken marsala, stuffed shells, cheese tortelini and MORE! And it's all wonderful. Their marsala sauce is heavenly.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I eat lunch here on a regular basis and the lunch buffet is always fresh, hot and tasty. This is freshly prepared food and they manage to keep it that way as they serve it buffet style. My most recent visit was for dinner. I ordered the Chicken Parmesan from the menu and it was more delicious than some of the chain Italian restaurants I go to from time to time. The décor is not as overdone as some of the chains but it has a cute charming atmosphere. Give this place a try and you'll keep coming back.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Can not believe all the positive reviews! This is a bad take on the typical Italian/American restaurant, expensive too. Big portions of really bland (no flavor) food. The servers are very nice but clearly not very knowledgeable. Hard to put together a sensible, tasty (forget healthy!) dinner at this place.

1  Thank g-and-s-NYC
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I tried this place based on all the great reviews. I was disappointed to say the least. Our server was great, but the buffet was bland. Everything came from frozen, and you can plainly tell that. I love chicken parmesan. But not theirs. I will never go back. Please clean the outside fountain. The algae is really bad.

2  Thank maybee77