“Two for one Sushi and hot tea”
Review of Shiki Japanese

Shiki Japanese
Ranked #104 of 206 Restaurants in Matthews
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 1 September 2018

I enjoyed excellent service, exceptional sushi and a relaxed, quiet atmosphere. The sushi chef here is very talented and I appreciated the quick and friendly service. On Tuesdays and Thursdays they offer Two for One Sushi Rolls which is an extraordinary value considering the high quality of the dishes.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Visited restaurant for lunch. Food was good, service was fast. I ordered the chicken with vegetables and fried rice. I will definitely return.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

As i began eat mh food which was luke warm upon being served i looked up and noticed red lip stick on my cup (picture below) immediately i gagged and flagged the waiter. He asked me what i wanted him to do about it. The manager approached and acted as he didnt see the red lip stick which clearly escape all soap and water.
Dont ever eat here

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

I am re-reviewing Shiki as I have been a few times since my last review. The day I went on the last review must have been an off day because since then I have not had any issues. I do not order the ginger dressing any more as it is to spicy for my taste. The service is always friendly and fast and the food is good. The chicken and steak with mushrooms is my go to. The fried dumplings are satisfying, if you are looking for a good meal quick Shiki is the answer.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went there today because he wanted to take advantage of their BOGO sushi. We ordered 4 shrimp tempura rolls, side salad and our separate entrees. The shrimp tempura was the last to time come out but I quickly noticed a very thick black strand of hair wrapped around a piece of the sushi. We immediately told our waitress about it and she apologized and took it back. About less than 10 minutes later, the waitress comes back with our "new" sushi but this time in 2 separate plates. I inspected the sushi and to my surprise, saw more strands of thick black hair!!! All they did was flip the sushi upside down which only displayed more of the hair!! We had her take it back and I told her I was not paying for my entree as I completely stopped eating everything. They didn't even offer to do anything about it!! Never going back!! BOGO sushi is not worth the quality they serve.