“First Time”

Jalapeno Fresh Grill
Ranked #4 of 80 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

I was taken back. Friends raved about this Mexican establishment and I was skeptical. I don't really care for Mexican, but I go to the restaurants for the wife. We've been to many, what would make this place particularly different?

We are welcomed by the most charismatic server, Ishmael, who I later learn is the owner's son. He is rolling joke after joke as he seats us. Really funny guy. Kids loved him. I enjoyed him too.

I asked for HIS recommendation. I like plenty to eat, no pork, not crazy about tomatoes, & like crispy textures. He brings me 3 hard shell chicken tacos too big for me to finish. These hard shells were made by hand and fried till crispy on the grill. It was amazing. I've have never had such an entree. The chicken in the taco was so tasty... extremely well seasoned.

Every plate was creatively served as if there was some Talent in the kitchen awaiting discovery. Come to find out... It's the Dad/Owner. They had other employees, but it was obvious who made the magic in this place.

We passed 2 Mexican restaurants on the way to Jalapeño Grill.

I would pass 20 & drive an honest hour to revisit this place. Absolutely remarkable!

I think The Travel Channel needs to survey this establishment.

1  Thank Jason P

Reviewed 20 June 2016

Jalapeno Grill is one of my favorite restaurants, and fortunately for me, it's in my home town! I eat here often, because my family and friends enjoy it as much as I do. They have a great menu with more variety than a lot of Mexican restaurants offer. I have never had a bad meal here. My favorite dishes are the Veggie Quesadilla, which is large, delicious, and cooked to the perfect crispness. Another of my favorites is the Baja Combo, which has chicken taquitos, chicken quesadilla, and comes with beans, rice, salad, and a sweet corn cake. That's what I got last night, and it was delicious. IMO, it's literally enough food for three meals, so I always have to ask for a box! They do have a salsa bar, and they serve a bean dip with the chips that they bring to your table. I also love their guacamole. Sometimes it gets busy here because it's so popular, but even if you have to wait, it's worth it!

Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Best Mexican food I've had anywhere, flavorful! fresh, authentic, great salsa's, wonderful service. Had the pork adobada, fantastic! My husband had the shrimp diablo. A must try for those who love authentic flavorful Mexican food.

1  Thank Katrin P
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

Great food and service. This has to be the best Mexican restaurant I have eaten at in years. My wife and I were both impressed.

Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

Steak Fajitas are the bomb!! Their salsa bar is pretty decent also. I love hot and spicy, and they didn't disappoint!