“BEST PLACE IN THE SOUTH” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mountaineer Restaurant

Mountaineer Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 39 Restaurants in Maggie Valley
Cuisines: American
Good for: View, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
MICHIGAN
“BEST PLACE IN THE SOUTH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2008

Just to let you know tha we had a great time and the cabins were very nice,the view was something else! and the food was good.We were glad we came down,Thanks again,The bikers from Michigan,Duane Daryl,Dan,Richard,Tim.

2 Thank DUANERIECK
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Savannah, Georgia
“A Great Meal at the Mountianeer Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2007

The Mountaineer Restaurant is located on Soco Rd. (Hwy 19) just outside Maggie Valley, NC on the way to Cherokee, NC. The website is [--]

We had passed this restaurant a number of times on our way to Cherokee and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, but had never thought of stopping. On our latest trip to Maggie Valley, however, we were watching the kids snow tubing at Tony's Tube World when a very nice woman handed me a menu for the restaurant. I put it in my pocket and promptly forgot about it while watching the kids.

Luckily, my wife found the menu and began reading...it was hilarious! An example is an appetizer called "Catfish Fins....'cause we all know they ain't got no fingers". Every item on the menu had a funny saying attached. It was enough to pique our curiosity, so we decided to try it.

They have everything from sandwiches to prime rib. It was lunch time so we went with sandwiches. We ordered a sampler appetizer called "I Can't Decide" which had jalapeno poppers, onion rings, stuffed & fried olives, and fried dill pickle spears. My favorite was the pickles. I had a philly sandwich & fries. It was great, and the fries were seasoned (not just fried and salted). My kids each had a cheeseburger with fries, and I really can't remember what my wife had. We all agreed, however, that the food was wonderful.

Our waitress was attentive, but not too much. And the atmosphere was a typical mountain setting, real fire in the stone fireplace, guitar standing beside it. I play, and they told me to feel free to play a tune (which I did).

The dining area overlooks the valley with a beautiful view, and it was snowing that day, which made it even more memorable.

Approximately $40 for the meal, including drinks, appetizers and our lunch.

We are making the Mountaineer Restaurant a tradition!

14 Thank BradMac