“Good food but a little pricey ”

Joey's Pancake House
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Open daily 7 am until 12 pm. Closed Thursdays. Established in 1966, Joey's Pancake House has become a Maggie Valley landmark. With a history of serving top notch breakfasts coupled with good old fashioned customer service Joey's is a tradition with visitors and locals of our area. From our signature pancakes and golden waffles to our country ham and hashbrown casserole you are sure to find a favorite that will keep you coming back for more. And of course every single dish is served with love.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had breakfast here twice. The food was good, but it almost seems as though they were trying to “nickel and dime” you for everything possible.

A couple of things I noticed on our bill were higher than the listed price on the menu. They also charged $0.85 (times 3) for a tiny dollop of whipped cream for my 3 boys pancakes. I think that was a little much. I could have bought a can of whipped cream for that price! Lol

The hash-brown casserole was great! Pancakes were great, I had chocolate chip one day and Reese’s another. The corned beef hash was exactly like what I would get out of a can from the grocery store (it was good, but nothing special).

Our server, Sarah, was very sweet and attentive on our first visit. We never had to ask for refills (she just kept showing up as soon as our glass was empty). Our second visit, we had a server (I can’t remember her name... she didn’t wear a name tag) who seemed borderline nice, but seemed as though she couldn’t care any less about her tables. We had to hunt her down once to ask for ketchup and another two times for refills on our drinks.

I would definitely at least try this place once if you are in Maggie Valley!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So glad someone bought the restaurant and reopened. Great place for breakfast. There is always a wait but worth it. The corned beef hash is yummy!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After hearing all the buzz around town about how epic this place is we finally decided to give it a go. It was pretty crowded, like it is most mornings and the wait was pretty long, about 45 minutes to get a table. The staff was pretty friendly and responsive to the ‘how much longer’ questions. We did learn that you can call in and make a reservation as long as its at least 60 minutes in advance. I ordered the Pecan Pancakes, hash browns and scrambled eggs. After being worked up I expected the best damn pancakes I have ever had, they were good but nothing to write home about. The eggs were eggs, but the hash browns were my favorite part, very tasty. Bottom line, Joey’s is a nice stop, probably the best breakfast place in town but take the hype with a grain of salt. I’m not entirely sure its wait 45 min - an hour good but I’ll definitely be making a reservation next time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Joey’s Pancake House has great reviews, and I wondered if it would truly be that good. I found a wonderful atmosphere in the restaurant, good service, and delicious food at a reasonable price. We waited about 30 minutes for a table, but the wait was well worth it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great service and great pancakes!! Everyone is very friendly. Get there early during peak season!! Priced right too!