“Best BBQ in the south...”
Review of Jimmy's Barbecue - CLOSED

Jimmy's Barbecue
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 1 January 2015

The chopped BBQ is my favorite - always lean and tender. The flavor is perfect NC BBQ and you can always get extra dip if you want - the red slaw is the perfect compliment to the meat. My sister loves the slaw by itself! Fries are always fresh cooked and hot. I have never been able to try the desserts because the meals are graciously generous. Great quick service and to-go- sweet tea what more could a traveler ask for? Right off I-85 - as convenient as it is welcoming. They have a take-out package so you can share the great NC BBQ with the uninitiated who have not been able to try Jimmy's. I have been going to Jimmy's for at least 30 years, will stop there whenever I am traveling through NC.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

love their bbq, excellent flavor/texture.
I love their breakfast, taste as great as my mom fixed.
Great variety of breakfasts and the prices are sooo reasonably priced.
Great place to gather with friends and have a great meal. Busy but
plenty of seating, great customer service.

Reviewed 2 December 2014

Great breakfast, lunch or dinner. The BBQ chicken is always a good choice with the homemade potato salad!

Reviewed 29 November 2014

Expect a full house here even through the work-day week since the reputation of Jimmy's Barbecue is known far and wide and as one of the best in the state. I enjoy the pulled barbecue sandwich which has that secret but delectable tomato tangy base. Iced tea to drink, of course.

Reviewed 29 October 2014

My goodness..what treasures you can find when you pull off the highway and say "let's try something different." We were on our way from Davidson to Chapel Hill, and found Jimmy's by chance. First of all, just let me say that the people who work at this place might be the friendliest, most accommodating people we;ve ever encountered, in any restaurant, anywhere...and we go out to eat often. In fact, one of the wait staff apologized to us for asking us if she could get anything for us, figuring she was bothering us because she figured somebody had already asked that question. They had. Three times before. The food is no-frills...and ridiculously inexpensive. My wife had the BBQ chicken thigh special with red slaw and french fries, I had the BBQ white meat special with onion rings and potato salad. Oh...about a dozen hush puppies come along side. Everything was delicious. The check came to $13 and change. Did you hear that right? Yes. We tipped a big fat one...and smiled all the way to Chapel Hill. Saturday afternoon at 2pm..packed!!! If you're on 85 and want a treat..pull off and go to Jimmy's. Just don't expect to be hungry for quite some time afterward.