“No nonsense BBQ diner”
Review of Jimmy's Barbecue - CLOSED

Jimmy's Barbecue
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 28 September 2014

Tastes in BBQ are pretty ideosyncratic, and I have not had enough Q in Lexington to judge whether this is authentic Lexington BBQ or not. But I thought the pulled pork was flavorful and the slaw crisp and tasty, I used very little of the dip as I thought the pork was sufficiently tangy to not need much enhancement. I was there relatively late in the day and there were only a few other patrons, but my meal came very quickly, within minutes of my placing an order. The waitress was friendly. There was zero atmosphere - which somehow is the way a BBQ place ought to be to my way of thinking.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Since I'm local, I though I would try this place since I had not been here in years and years.
Won't be going back. The barbeque I believe is cooked with electricity and did not taste at all
like Lexington style barbeque is supposed to taste. The "dip" did not have any taste.
The service is good, but that's about all good I can say. I will stick with Lexington BBQ #1
(a/k/a the Monk)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stopped here on a road trip! The place is kind of run down but this doesn't bother me as these are some of the best places. It took almost 45 minutes for our to go order of 1 pork dinner (pork...okra...fries) and a grilled chicken salad. Everyone that came into the restaurant and sat at a table after we had already ordered got their food before us. The older lady at the register was so immersed into issues that she was having with the register that she never looked up to see that the food on the counter (right behind her) was up and ready. She even ignored the bell that the cook tang to say it was ready. The pork was good. Okra and fries were a little soggy. The salad was fresh but the grilled chicken was disgusting!!! It wasn't real chicken. It was some processed chicken product that was...yuck!
I am guessing we will not return here!

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We are travel up and down I 85 frequently. Jimmy's is a great place to stop. It is just off the highway at exit 91. We make this stop often. This is a good place to get Lexington style barbecue, but there are many other choices as well. We have never been disappointed in the food or the service the many times we have eaten there.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Jimmy's BBQ seems to go unnoticed amongst the accolades of other area BBQ restaurants, but one thing is certain: You can always count on Jimmy's to have consistently good food. Their chopped BBQ and BBQ chicken combo plate is wonderful! Friendly staff adds to the experience.