“Quiet & Peaceful”
other travellers have booked this property
2000 sf ft Log home+ 900 sq ft of decks hidden away in trees!
600+ sq ft Upper Deck w/ Hot Tub lounger & neck massager! Dbl Carport! Recline in Leather & Cozy Up w/the Rock gas fireplace
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
2000 sf ft Log home+ 900 sq ft of decks hidden away in trees!
600+ sq ft Upper Deck w/ Hot Tub lounger & neck massager! Dbl Carport!
Recline in Leather & Cozy Up w/the Rock gas fireplace
Antique Oak & Leather furniture - Enjoy Free Movies on 40' LCD TV w/ surround sound
Country kitchen with custom tiled counter and stained glass
MASTER Antique Tiger Oak - from famous NC Famiy
MASTER BA with large tiled shower, walk-in closet and more!
Antique desk for computer work (high speed) or Play @ 4-in-1 Game Table!
2nd Queen BR - still beautiful even if not famous!
Main BA - Country decor w/ tiled counter and tub/shower combo
LOFT  BR -  Mission Full & Twin Beds
LOFT Reading/Game area w/ Country Queen Sofa Sleeper
Loft BA
Laundry Room - Maytag Neptune Washer & Dryer
Mud room entry
Walk in closet with everything you need
Stepping Stones Garden w/ flowers and peach trees!
Enjoy a good book, iced tea, singing birds, garden flowers & peach trees
Garden area looking over creek
View of bridge & creek from upper deck
R n R -- Rock 'n Relax
Gather on the front deck to BBQ & enjoy the creek's music.
BBQ Grill w/ Rotisserie & tools - Big enough for any gathering!
Driveway to home
Spring at the creek
land and driveway
My 1st renters - just darling!
Great Creek and woods no matter what Season!
Free Fishing next door - Bass, prim & catfish
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Tangy S
Elgin, South Carolina
“Cedar Creek Cabin Review”
Reviewed 2 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

My family and I were able to spend about a week at the Cedar Creek Cabin. The cabin had plenty of space for 5 adults and 2 kids plus assorted pets. The area around the cabin is beautiful and there was plenty to do and see around the area although everything is a fairly long drive away. The stocked pantry was a nice a surprise as was the chocolates left out for us to enjoy.

There were a few issues that we found with the cabin that made stay a bit less enjoyable than possible. The biggest one was the ticks that seem to be infesting the woods all around the property. During the 5 day stay we found about 6 ticks on either a person or an animal and even a quick walk down the driveway would be enough.

While the cabin itself was clean inside there were a few features that were not clean and ready for visitors. The biggest was the hot tub which was something that the whole family had looked forward to enjoying. The water was green and foul-smelling and while we did find the tablets to treat it the water did not become something that was usable during the visit. There was also a large wasp nest located under the hot tub which made enjoyment of the entire deck impossible. The grill was in similar condition as it was clear the family that used it previously did not clean it at all with large amounts of old stuck on food. While the rest of the cabin was very clean these two areas made it difficult to enjoy.

The owner was very responsive to our calls and was quick to send out someone to repair things that were broken. I do not think our experience was typical of what can be expected at the Cedar Creek Cabin and overall the stay was very enjoyable.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It is a beautiful home
Liked least: pests, general upkeep and cleaning of outside areas
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
6 Aug 2015
My first review that isn't a 5 star in the 4- 5 yrs I've done this and I'm sad that my perfect record got broken! I appreciated that you stated that the problems you had experienced wasn't typical for the cabin. We strive to have everything in tip-top shape, so the repair was done during your time there and the hot tub cleaned right after. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do about Mother Nature! I learned that it was the season for ticks and even the spraying done only lasts until the first rain. Western NC also seems to have wasps in the summer months and we spray/kill them when found. I apologize that these things happened during your time there and made your family vacation less than perfect. I hope you will consider returning so that I can make it up to you. Thanks, Shirley
Tommy H
Longwood, Florida
“Quiet & Peaceful”
Reviewed 3 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We enjoyed our visit. It was quiet, relaxing, and the amenities were fine. Mornings on the porch were beautiful as the birds began their daily songs. Deer shared the property, humming birds visited flowers in the herb garden, and black berries were ripening near the entrance from the road to the driveway. It was far enough away from the busier areas and near enough for us to take daily trips out for adventures with our family. Definitely recommended.

Liked best: Quiet
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
5 Jul 2015
Glad you saw the deer out! The garden swing with the birds wakinig the day is my favorite spot, too! A past guest was so excited to make a Blackberry pie while there so hope you enjoyed picking them also. So glad you had a great family vacation! Best Wishes, Shirley
Lolly B
“Gem in the mountains!”
Reviewed 19 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We had such a great time at Cedar Creek Cabin. The 10 acre property is fantastic and has hiking trails on the property. The cabin is very comfortable and quite spacious, and has all the amenities one would expect. i.e., rocking chairs on the front porch, hot tub for relaxing, fully stocked kitchen, dining table and chairs outside as well as inside. There are many games available to play and we became Skipbo experts!! The location is excellent in that you feel like you're fairly remote, yet restaurants and a grocery store are not far at all. Great place, great vacation, great location!

Travelling group: Friends
Tammy N V
“A place for peace and quiet!!”
Reviewed 19 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Shirley was always reachable and a great host!! Not far from Lake Lure or Chimney Rock. We would do this again!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peaceful environment.
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
scott1115...
“So peaceful”
Reviewed 21 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Shirley was amazing to work with. She checked in regularly prior to the stay and actually saved my vacation by noticing that I only reserved one night when I actually wanted two. The cabin was beautiful. Clean and very well maintained. I didn't want the weekend to end.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
21 Nov 2014
When there was a wedding involved, I was so glad I could "save the day" at the last minute! Congratulations & thanks for sending me a picture. With having a party of 11 and your dogs, my manager was impressed and really appreciated the care you took of my home. Many Thanks, Scott. I hope you & your family return to celebrate the anniversaries.
Wishing you much Happiness, Shirley
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing