“Forget all the coupons...come here instead!”

I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 21
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We're a locally owned shellfish market and oyster bar offering the freshest, local seafood in the Outer Banks. Our specialty is blue crabs and steaming is always free. Eat in or Take out. Open year-round 7 days a week from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. For more information, please visit our website.
Kinnelon, New Jersey
“Forget all the coupons...come here instead!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Very clean and welcome with a "hello" from the young man behind the counter. Sat at one of only two indoor tables but plenty of stools to sit at counters...the place is not big. But what it lacks in size and "glitz" or a stupid caricature it makes up in service, fair price and food. Cora, our server, was great as she really seemed to enjoy being there. Our group of six ordered a variety of items...she-crab soup, hush puppies, dungenous crab, flounder sandwich and crab cakes. Overall the food was delicious and fresh. One crab was a little mealy but unfortunately the person did not mention because I'm guessing they would have brought out another. I would highly recommend over the many tourist traps on this busy highway.

• Visited August 2013
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
What a treat to have Cora as your server! She will be thrilled that you enjoyed her service. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor about how much you enjoyed our food and value as well.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Meal!”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We went for lunch here yesterday and had one of the best seafood meals in a long time. My son loved the steamed snow crab legs and I loved the She Crab Soup and Crab Cakes. YUM!!! My husband had the fish platter that he said was "fine" but I think it was only because our meals were out of the world amazing! :) We also had hushpuppies and fried shrimp! Seriously, everything was awesome, the service was outstanding! I wish I could go back! It is a hole in the wall restaurant and if I didn't look here for the reviews first, I would never have stopped.

• Visited August 2013
Your review is making me hungry! You tried so many things and I'm glad that you enjoyed them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Good Blue Crabs in NC? Who knew.”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I learned two important life skills while living in Maryland: how to sail and how to shuck crabs. I got to put the latter skills to use at I Got Your Crabs last week.

If you're looking for a very causal dinner on a piece of brown paper roll with excellent blue crabs and oysters, I Got Your Crabs is the place to go at the Outer Banks. They were as good as any I ever ate in Maryland, and I had previously come to the conclusion that you just can't get good steamed blue crabs in North Carolina.

We had a half dozen steamed crabs, a dozen oysters and a couple of beers for a little over 30 bucks with tip. Best deal at the beach.

I hadn't had a mess of steamed crabs in soooo long. Man, what a treat!

• Visited August 2013
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you so much for the compliments on our blue crabs. We put a lot of work into them as the owner catches them locally. He will be thrilled that you loved them as much as Maryland blues. We'd love to have you back anytime. Stop in next time you're in town.
Sterling, Virginia
“yummmmm”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We visited on our first night in town which lead us to return before leaving town.

First night we seated ourselves at the bar and were promptly greeted by Cora. She took great care of us and helped us while ordering some items we have never eaten before. In total, we ordered: snow crab legs, clams, mussels, oysters, hushpuppies and 2 beers. Not only was the food & service top-notch, but the prices were unbelievable! It was less than $40 for two of us to eat our hearts out.

Second night was busier (Thursday) and we happily crammed ourselves into the only 2 seats at the bar. Again, ordered a slew of fresh seafood but started this meal with the She Crab soup = amazing. One of my favorite crab soups in all the kinds I've tried.

Definitely a great place to try in town. Casual, down-to earth atmosphere with delicious food that you won't drain your wallet. They only have 2 booths, so families I would recommend going early to get a seat together. Love it!

1 Thank Caitlyn M
I love that you are already a repeat customer. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave kind words on our TripAdvisor page. Cora will be so excited that you enjoyed her service. We can't wait to serve you again next year.
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Holy cow this place has some great food. The she devil soup was AMAZING, and probably the best soup I have ever eaten! We ordered snow crab legs, hush puppies, asparagus, crab cakes, oysters, the soup, flounder, and probably a few other things. The flounder was a generous portion and was moist and flaky. We ended up taking many of the items home, because we ordered way too much food and I can't wait to eat my leftovers! Hopefully we'll be able to fit in another visit before we head home. I may just stock up on some items to take home in our cooler. Fabulous, awesome, fresh fish!

Visited August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor! I love your enthusiasm about our soup and that you tried a variety of other items as well. Safe travels!