Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$ 220
View deal
Hotels.comUS$ 220
CheapTicketsUS$ 220
Orbitz.comUS$ 220
TravelocityUS$ 220
TripadvisorUS$ 220
travelup.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 October 2018

This is a great place to stay for a couple that enjoys quiet. We stayed in the king bed room which I believe is in the host's residence. The hosts were gracious and kind. The rooms and atmosphere is very casual. Everything was clean and comfortable. If we return to the northern OBX we would stay again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a long weekend - nice B&B, quaint old house with 3 rooms, all with a nice balcony and view of the sound and sunset. Breakfast is complementary. Rustic area but convenient to all of the outer banks.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 529patriciaf
Greg H, Owner at Cypress Moon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Thank you Patricia for staying with us. Our Home was built in the year 1999.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

My husband and I stayed in Ramona's cottage last month. The cottage was as advertised, however, I probably wouldn't have stayed there if I had known we were renting part of the house, not the entire house. I thought it was a one-bedroom bungalow, but the other two bedrooms, and I'm assuming bath(s) - were locked and private. This would have been fine, if the configuration of the house was a little different. We were in an open upstairs loft area, that really didn't allow enough room for our luggage. I was able to place my large bag on a settee, but there wasn't enough room for my husband's luggage, so he had to place his luggage in the dining room, then run up and down the stairs if he needed something. Additionally, the bathroom was downstairs from the bedroom loft. Again, not a huge deal, but there was no way to go downstairs without the light waking up my husband. The stairs would have been dangerous to travel down in the dark. Also, any light from the downstairs living area made its way into the upstairs loft. One other little nit, we had to sweep the floor when we arrived - there must have been sand tracked in.Otherwise, the house was very clean.

Unfortunately, it was unseasonable hot out for May, so even with fans blowing and the air on - the loft area was uncomfortably hot. Granted, we like to sleep in very cold temperatures, but again, heat rises and the loft was quite a bit warmer than the main level.

Now for the good stuff... The outdoor space was heavenly. Even though the house sits in a residential neighborhood, while in the backyard, we felt like we were in the woods. We sat outside every evening and read. The living room space was very comfortable. We didn't really use anything in the kitchen other than the refrigerator and the coffee maker, along with a couple of coffee mugs. The location was perfect. We used it as a base to explore up and down the Outer Banks. We also walked along the beach on the sound side - there's a very nice walking trail. We walked to the Atlantic too.

Bottom line, for the price paid, we had a lot of space, and nice furnishings.

Room tip: Don't forget soap & shampoo. Do NOT stay in Ramona's cabin if you have trouble negotiating stairs.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank wildcatmomKansasCity

Thank you all for staying with us. The listing for the Cottage speciffically states it is for two. The other rooms have the owners things in them .

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Our hosts Greg and Linda were very nice and knowledgeable about the area. They made us feel at home as soon as we arrived. We stayed in the green room which has a very comfortable bed. The one thing that kept this from being five stars is the lack of the sound view due to the trees and vegetation. I understand that this does protect the home a bit during hurricanes.

Ryan

Room tip: If you can get the upper floor room I believe you will have a better view.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you Ryan for staying with us. The trees also shade the porch on hot afternoons. There is a section of the porch with a full view across The Sound.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

This property was somewhat difficult to find as it was down a gravel road. Their is a very nice view from the multiple decks, but we couldn't go out after dark due to the mosquito swarms. The rooms were nice but the breakfast we had was lacking. Just a tortilla with an eggs on it. Probably would not go back.

Room tip: First floor is best.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you John for choosing us. Our road is a Kitty Hawk Town Street and appears on all maps. One cannot expect ot go out at night due to mosquitos in most any location during the warm months. . The Breakfast you had did include more than our egg tostada which is a very requested recipe. I reply so as to correct some innacuracies in your review.