Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2015 via mobile

Campgrounds are usually one of two things: someone's field that they may or may not have added any other amenities, or they are a gorgeous national park type setting plus or minus the amenities. This campground falls into the field variety- and it's a perfectly fine one at that. Grills and picnic tables are plentiful, and (maybe it wasn't as busy for us) lots of shady and private spots. There are two outdoor showers, and then an elevated shower block- two showers and toilets in each gender. The bathrooms were cleaned every day we were there and water nice and hot. There are peacocks on the site, but they didn't horrifically affect our mornings. Luckily there was a marathon on our second morning so the roads were devoid of cars, but even on a Monday morning it wasn't too noisy (you will hear cars though). The office lady was nice- gave us some maps and advice. Be aware, you need a permit for fires but can apply through office. For $30 I was perfectly happy with what we got.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Amy S
Reviewed 13 April 2015

Review is based on tent camping experience. (Not Hostel)
Pros: Very friendly staff. Suitable bathrooms. Hot showers. Moderately. Plenty of picnic tables and grills.

Cons: Very small grounds. Extremely close to other tents and campers, even if the area is not filled up all the way. Other campers can be heard throughout the night, even talking at a normal level. Located near a neighborhood with lots of industrial trucks nearby on the road. A neighbor's driveway splits the camp site. No privacy. You are better off to camp in your backyard.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Reggie W
Reviewed 10 November 2014

We booked one hostel night, so I'm not reviewing the campground. Arriving at the campground everything looked pretty old and there were some weird people walking around.. The woman that helped us said she didn't have our booking. Great... Another women offered us another room with a bed bunk. It didn't mind us so we took it.
The room was seriously horrible. It smelled. She said she just cleaned it but I was seriously wondering what she cleaned. Everything was dirty: spiderwebs on the ceilings, lamps, tables, on top of the bed, between the beds. There were spiders all over the place.
During our dinner in town we got a call: were we were because we had a hostel booking. Long story but it was the same campground but the women spelled our names wrong. So my hopes were up for a better room. And that room was a lot cleaner than the other one. So we got our stuff from the other room: killed 3 or 4 roaches even one between the sheets. We even told the women the room was to dirty. She didn't say anything other then yeah I cleaned the carped real quick. Yeah right...
I went down to check the other hostel room. Bathroom and kitchen were filled with dead and live roaches. Everywhere, so nasty! Killed some there. And a huge one appeared in our bedroom. That was it for me, we packed our stuff and went to Holiday Inn and booked a room there.
Next day we called the women to say we didn't stay there because it was just to much. And pointed out the roaches so she could work on that. The only thing we got was a simple sorry. They just don't care at all. I wouldn't go there if I were you! Pay a little more and you have a spacious clean room with great service and free breakfast. And above all NO roaches.

Room tip: Don't get a room at all! Filled with roaches! Book another hotel.
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kaatkeepsgoing
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

I read all the negative reviews and was surprised that when I stayed here that it was the exact opposite. The place is very nice( it is a camp ground that's 31$ a night, not a 5 star hotel). They have picnic tables and grills and showers. Though showers aren't much ( fit only two at a time) but ur camping ok. And compared to all the hotels In the area it's very reasonable. I didn't have any problems with this place or the level of service and will come back.

Date of stay: August 2014
2  Thank 455vladiks
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My family of four and a friend stayed two nights in a hostel room for sixty like bucks a night. Considering the expense of every other option for travelers on the OBX, I didn't expect much. I was blown away with the comfort of the hostel. Our room had four bunks, A/C, a small fridge, and a microwave. There was even a stash of boogie boards for hostelers/campers who wanted to hang at the beach. We could not have asked for more. Also, my kids loved visiting the peacocks.

Those who have posted negative reviews have unrealistic expectations in my opinion. If you want your own bathroom, stay at a motel.

Room tip: Reserve your spot early if you want a kitchenette.
Date of stay: July 2014