“Great seafood meal”

Ranked #2 of 82 Restaurants in Kinston
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 17 November 2016

Ate here with friends on a weekday night. I got the fried oyster poppers and shrimp cocktail, both were great. Friends had wedge salad, steamed oysters, peel/eat shrimp, etc and all was great. I'll certainly go back if I can.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

This place was busy, fun and delicious! We had the fabulous burger, their take on Oysters Rockefeller, and the banana pudding and a pop tart! All of it was SOOO YUMMY!!!

Reviewed 14 November 2016

We had an early dinner here, last Thursday evening. There were plenty of "seats". We opted to sit at the counter; we were in and out in less than 45 minutes. (When we left, all seats were taken and a few people were waiting to be seated.) Since we were midway thru a 4 hour drive, this was a plus for us. The menu selection and pricing was good. Service was good. Our waitress was knowledgeable and friendly. Just me and the hub...I'm a little embarrassed to list all that we ordered. We were so excited to finally be at a "Viv restaurant"! Here are the things that I recall I loved: Fried Popcorn Oysters, General Lee Rooster, Spinach & Warm Bacon Salad w/ steamed shrimp, Soft Serve Ice Cream. The mayo-ish sauce that came w/ the oysters was to die for; the General Lee Rooster was out of this world!, I couldn't believe the quantity and size of the shrimp that came w/ the salad -- they were huge! The ice cream was good. I wish now I had asked what it was - quite tasty and interesting. I am a H U G E fan of her tv show, so I was very excited to finally be there. When we left, we popped by C & The Farmer to purchase a cookbook. The book...it is wonderful! It is much more than a cookbook. We highly recommend The Boiler Room!

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for a cocktail before dinner at Chef and the Farmer and were glad we did. Luckily, all 4 of us were able to snag seats at the bar. Anthony and Amanda did a superb job of recommending drinks, appetizers, and engaging in an entertaining conversation.

The home-made saltines and ranch, oysters Rockefeller, ceviche oysters, and raw oysters all came out quickly and were very tasty.

A return trip is definitely warranted.

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

Hubby and I first visited in June 2016 and I've been dying to come back after tasting the best burger ever--the James Beard blended burger with mushrooms. This time we brought the kids, who are fans of the TV show as well. I'm glad this wasn't our first trip bc I would have been disappointed. They were very short staffed and it took 10 mins to get our drink order. We got water while she served the kids and then she was gone, so apparently the adults weren't allowed anything else Lol Hubby eventually ordered Weeping Willow from Mother Earth Brewery there in town though since we can't get their beer at home. (Went and bought a 6 pack afterwards too.) The ranch and saltines were good, and I ordered oyster ceviche that they forgot, but once they came (after the meal was served) they were really good. Loved the oysters on our first trip. The blended burger was nowhere near as good as the first trip so I'll be trying something different next time. Hubby liked the swine and wine sandwich, though the slaw wasn't impressive. The kids' mac n cheese was good y'all! Hopefully the third time is the charm and we can get the great food and service we experienced the first time around, especially since it's a 6-hr round trip to get there.