Comfort Inn On The Ocean
US$ 133
Best Western Ocean Reef Suites(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 179
US$ 174
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn(Kill Devil Hills)
US$ 158
US$ 145
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 124
Outer Banks Inn(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 121
US$ 114
Sea Ranch Resort(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 189
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 152
Shutters On the Banks(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 182
All reviewsthe outer banksroom was cleannice deckyogurtlobby areaa pet friendly hotelfree breakfastoff seasoncommon areaswould stay here againbeach frontan older hotelnags headoutdoor pooloceanlesliedog
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The location of the hotel was great. Not to far from the main strip and just close enough to the beach. Walking into the lobby of the hotel, I was greeted with warm and friendly service. This was a constant through out my stay. I love the breakfast. It wasnt the typical coffee muffins, toast so forth and so on. The lobby area is every inviting

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
vamit241, General Manager at Comfort Inn On The Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Selegence,
Thanks so much for staying with us during your visit to
Outer Banks. We’re glad you had a pleasant stay at our hotel..!!!
Our staff tries to bring personal attention into every guest
interaction, and we are very pleased that you received
that attention at the front desk. We have done our best with upgrades and hope guests would take a cue from you and try us out.
Thanks again for the kind words and we really hope to see
you the next time you are in Outer Banks!

Reviewed 15 April 2012

This is an ocean front hotel, and fine for someone with the ocean focus. Rooms are spacious; ours had a balcony with minimal seating. Bathrooms are adequate, and all was clean to good hotel standards. The staff was very welcoming, gracious, and competent. Breakfast is complete and tasty. The huge negative at this hotel is the ridiculous two-ramp walk and luggage push/shove to get to the first floor AND elevator. One can hardly imagine any hotel originally designed with this absurd demand. And, this ramp is NOT a gradual "handicapped" climb. The angle is sharp, and unbelievable. During busy check-in hours there is help on staff to assist you getting your luggage up the ramp, but this is not 24 hours per day assistance. I'm 30, in reasonably good shape, and it was a challenge for me! The elevator is agonizingly slow, too.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor and above. The first floor rooms are below the dune, and a view is not available.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
vamit241, General Manager at Comfort Inn On The Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2012

We want to make a difference but would like our guests to share with us their varied experiences during their stay both positive as well negative. Each of these inputs help us to find resolution and make us strive that much harder. Your feedback is an opportunity and we like to cash on them. We realized the difficulty with our ramp and are "insisting" all guests to get our help, you just have to indicate to us your desire.....we.'ll do it for you...! This includes myself, no qualms in that regard. Trust us & try us, we will expect you not even think of our Ramp...less you want to burn some calories...., ha.
Thank you.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed for two days last week. Hotel was under renovation for carpet in corridor. Despite that were pleasantly surprised as our room on 4th floor was very inviting and clean but smelled of paint I suppose? I love the smell of paint...! The drapes in room looked obsolete. Staff was helpful in checking us early. I dont want to be picky & knock them at this time but felt that its worth coming back to this hotel with great location.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view rooms worth the money.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DashingDee

Thank you. Did we not hear you loud sir? We did and have got new carpet for our rooms, new flat screen 32" TV, lamps pkg, new drapes to replace the "obsolete drapes", and new lounge chairs in all our rooms. Infact these changes are all underway as I write. You may have missed them but not next time..we reward our returning guests with good discounts and specially those who rode with us during these trying times of remodel.
Thank you and keep us in mind and your word of mouth referrals help us to improve.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Yes, it's right on the ocean, and yes, the breakfast was better than most chains, but you can stop there. After being told "The room is ready," we found that in fact, housekeeping had been there, but the wastebaskets were full, there were no bath towels, used soap in the shower, cigarette burned bedspread, and a dirty bathroom sink. And this was AFTER they cleaned the room. Then you watch the housekeeping staff leaving at the end of their shift, walking through the bar and the lobby with their beer in plastic bags for the ride home.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

I apologize for the experience during your recent stay with us. It definitely was not a clean room by any standards. Let me assure you it is also not the reflection of our standards and expectations we set ourselves. How I wish this was brought to our immediate attention ...?
Pl give me a call as I want to make this right for you next time and use this to covert into a positive experience for you.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We recently stayed here for three nights. We rented two rooms. I was not expecting much as my opinion of what a Comfort Inn was like was not so good however I was pleasently surprised. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The complimetary breakfast was decent. The rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. You can tell the hotel is making an effort in the reconstruction efforts to compete with the bigger chains. Right now renovations are underway and the fitness center and dining area were either closed or cluttered with boxes of new furniture but I expect once it is all put back together the improvements will be just that, a big improvement. Check in is 4pm and not the normal 3 and they stick to that so be forwarned. They will however allow you to store your bags and use the pool or lounge area until the room is ready. While I'm a loyal big chain follower I would stay here again. Good central location. One last comment this hotel DOES ALLOW PETS and it so happened the people in the next room had two barking dogs. Luckily they were not there the first two nights but we definitely could hear the dogs barking through the walls the last night.

Room Tip: Ocean side has best views. Ask for non smoking room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family