1,087 results
All reviews tower building indoor pool waffles hot tub dune view boiled eggs continental breakfast second floor two queen beds waffle maker floor room beach access biscuits and gravy the breakfast area jockey's ridge definitely stay here again private balcony
Reviewed 24 September 2018

We had the BEST TIME at Shutters on the Banks! Our room was very nice and clean, all of the staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was super! We absolutely loved Debbie's personality and friendliness at breakfast time - she made us feel right at home! The closeness and accessibility to the beach was very nice as well. Shutters on the Banks is in a great location - close to many great restaurants, and not far from Duck and Corolla. Over all, we loved everything about our stay, and we will most definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Karen V, General Manager at Shutters On the Banks, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Hello Catherine G,

Thank you for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us. Debbie is great, we just love her too, so glad she could brighten your day. We are thrilled that you will be back . The beach is calling your name.... See you all soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Our visit was cut short by Florence and the evacuation so we only got one night in. Dune view, second level. balcony was great for a peek at the ocean and the dune view. nice to leave door open to hear ocean and feel breeze. pools are wonderful. outside one even heated. Breakfast was the best I have had staying anywhere and everyone was very nice. outdoor showers great extra for coming off the beach. easy to get to. wonderful beach location.

Room Tip: dune view second level gives peek at ocean.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Karen V, General Manager at Shutters On the Banks, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Hello Clarissa,

Thank you for the review. We are sorry you had to leave because of the evacuation. We are all safe with no damages and back to normal. What a wonderful feeling to hear the ocean waves and feel the warm breeze. We are so delight that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope that you will come back for another visit soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Fantastic place to stay. Right on the beach,the staff was wonderful, especially those working the breakfast room September 3-7. Super clean and comfortable, I definitely would stay there again. Walking distance to a lot.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Karen V, General Manager at Shutters On the Banks, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hello sgermannowlin,

Thank you for the nice review, we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your visit. Debbie and Justin will be thrilled to know that you think they are wonderful in the breakfast room, and of course the rest of the staff too. We are delighted to know that you have a wonderful visit with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Overall had a great experience here.

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because I almost never give 5 stars. Something has to be incredibly super amazingly over the top wonderful to get 5 stars out of me.

They even have a decent free breakfast. Not luxury, but very good, and covered all the basics, including waffle makers. Add that up, that is a $10 per day per person savings over eating breakfast out.

Staff was universally great, ranging from "very pleasant and professional" to "extremely friendly and helpful"

We did have one bad experience, but it was *extremely unusual* and the staff dealt with it pretty well. While there, the power went out to about half the facility. Turned out that one of their mains had corroded and split in two. They got emergency electric crews there and had it repaired within about 8 hours. Like I said, this was *very* unusual. The only thing I'd recommend to the staff there in the event of something weird like that is to communicate a little better to the guests about what happened, how it is going to be resolved, and how long an ETA. They didn't withhold any info, they just didn't take an effort to ensure everyone knew what was going on, though.

Like I said, very unusual, lasted 8 hours, but probably many people didn't even notice, as they were out at the beach or whatever.

I will definitely go back to Shutters on the Banks (assuming they are still there after hurricane Florence)

Stayed: August 2018
Karen V, General Manager at Shutters On the Banks, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Hello Jeff H,

Thank you for the review. We appreciate you taking the time to tells about your recent stat. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your visit with us. We do apologize for the power outage, we did our best to contact all the guests though the contact information we had on file. When dealing with the electric company we were at their means and their timelines , we will review our policy and procedure for emergencies , we are always looking at ways to improve ourselves. Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

So I have as reservation here to check in next Monday and called the hotel to ask two simple questions because I did not see anything in what I had read in the hotel description with regards to my two questions. I called at about 9:10 pm and a woman answered the phone and asked if I could hold. So she put me on hold and never came back. I waited almost 5 minutes on hold before hanging up. Not a great way to start a relationship with a client. I understand if the front desk was busy. But she could have gotten back on the phone after a minute or two of me holding and said please call back in 5 or 10 minutes or please continue to hold I'll be with you shortly. Little courtesies are just as important as the big ones. I could only give one check because I haven't stayed yet and so far we're not off to a great start.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karaokedreaming
Karen V, General Manager at Shutters On the Banks, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Hello karaokedreaming,

You are absolutely right and we apologize that you were put on hold. We will review our telephone procedures with staff and the importance of all our guest. We hope that you got your questions answered, if not please feel free to call us again. We look forward to your visit next week.