All reviews beachside bistro ocean front oceanfront room room was clean the outer banks indoor pool on site restaurant off season high tide main building master bedroom beach side each morning full kitchen second floor washer and dryer mini fridge
Reviewed 3 October 2018

We really enjoyed the waterfront accommodation, but the desk clerk was incompetent. When we first arrived after driving a long way, she let us stand for an excessive amount of time, while she chatted on the phone. She should have told the person that she would call them and checked us in. When we wanted to check out the night prior to departure, she was completely clueless as to what our proper bill charge was, even though I had the receipt to show her. I went through every amount with her, until we ended up with the receipt amount. Even though the room was nice, dealing with this kind of ineptness does not promote relaxation.

Room tip: Get beachfront
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2018

I have Never been so UNHAPPY with a place as I am with this place. Floor was soaked couldnt walk on it it stunk like Body odor we has NO Tolit paper Unfriendly bartender for a resort Yall SUCK Bad I will never suggest this sorry place to anyone... Shame to spend so much money on a place that is nasty....

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

We weren’t able to make our annual trip to Ocracoke due to hurricane Florence so decided to stay in Kill Devil hills and by chance picked the Sea Ranch! We were so pleased. The staff from the front desk, cleaning, maintenance to the staff in the restaurant were outstanding, they were so friendly and helpful. The ocean front room was large and clean, the indoor pool was beautiful. The beach was not too large but the area was clean. There were also lifeguards available. We will be back and highly recommend it to our friends. It was a great value for the money!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2018

We wanted to extend our stay in OBX an extra night and the place where we were staying did not have rooms available. At a friend's recommendation, we stopped by Sea Ranch Resort and were very glad we did. Not only did they have a room (clean and comfortable), but they also had a pleasant restaurant on site where we enjoyed breakfast. Small space so I imagine there can be a wait some mornings, we happened to miss the rush and were seated right away. Service was great and food very good! We tried to get a room earlier than normal check-in, as we had to check out of the other place by 11am. It did not happen, didn't get our room until 3:30pm and the weather was awful outside. So after having breakfast there, we were able to wait in the lobby comfortably. Front desk staff very friendly & welcoming. Hope to return to this hotel next time we visit OBX!

Room tip: No elevators where our room was so be ready to tote everything up the stairs!
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I wanted to leave the reviews for this hotel but somehow reviews went to surf side hotel. I am looking into “ how to delete it”.

We checked in little late here. Front desk lady said we can call in morning and can request for late check out.
So we politely request that if we could do 11:30 check out but lady at front desk simply said NO.
We travel a lot and 11am checkout is pretty normal. So after paying over $300 for one night we can’t stay here for another hour and leave at sharp 10. I did notice when lady said checkout is 10am and when I show little hesitation for check in she quickly said we can do late check out.
So if you like to check out at 11 look for other hotel. Management won’t allow you that extra one hour. You have to be in line for checkout at 10am on front desk.
Hotel is great, we make two trips every year at outer banks. I was talking to my wife that we should keep this hotel for our future outer banks trips. But I guess we ain’t coming back to this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family