“beach facing room”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“beach facing room”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

we had a lovely beach facing room with the ocean less than hundred yards away and this was a plus and a negative, plus great view, downside noise from people on beach at nice, room was average size, with wifi fridge , clean bathroom etc, however could do with update as whilst furnishings clean and usable a little dated but not enough to detract from the rest, air conditioning unit noisy. breakfast a little more sparse than other chains but certainly passable with waffles, cereal and some fruit etc, reception beautiful wooden floor s and nice staff.
plus points are on site washer dryers and plenty of brochures etc for attractions and locations which can t be beaten and of course price!!!!
negatives: a little dated in parts

Room Tip: beach side is probably still best but upper floor might reduce noise at night
3 Thank Annakrisha
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We appreciate your coming to visit the Outer Banks as well. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and am happy you found our property clean and tidy. We hope that you are able to visit the beach again and if you are able to return please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help make reservations with our property. Thank you--Tonia
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
North Carolina
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed here last week before the holiday rush, so it may account for the great rate of $75/ night plus tax. Ours was the AARP rate for a dunes view king room. The ocean is less than 100 feet away, but there is no ocean view from this room. The room is nice and large with a flat screen TV, sofa, small refrigerator, microwaveand king bed. The bath is new, but has little counter space. The room comes with a free breakfast including waffles, eggs and sausage.

Please don't let the outside of this hotel fool you. It,s rustic charm is wonderful and the staff is very friendly and accomodating.

BTW, theres a nice restaurant for lunch and dinner close by called the Kill Devil Cafe.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are in the back and upstairs. They only come with 2 double beds.
2 Thank StThomasSam
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. Deals are certainly to be had prior to and post our summer season that's a fact! We're glad you were able to take advantage of our lower season's rates and AARP and AAA members always receive a discount when they call our hotel direct to make their reservation.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us and thank you for your lovely comments concerning our property and our staff. We do hope you're able to come back to the Outer Banks soon and please feel free to contact me for reservations if you are able to do so! Thank you, Tonia
Canton
Reviewed 19 May 2012

The price, location, cleanliness of the rooms was awesome. However, the mattresses were terrible. Very hard and thin. No support. We were told they were replaced at least every 2 years, however, they might want to get a better quality mattress. Otherwise, the rooms were very clean, very well kept, majority of the staff was quite pleasant (though we agree with one review about a desk manager who didn't seem to want to be here).

Please get better mattresses and we'd love to come again!!

Georgia

1 Thank Teresa K
Thanks for trekking to the Outer Banks to visit and for staying with us. We appreciate your comments and suggestion concerning the beds. I am pleased that you did enjoy your visit and do hope that you are able to come back and visit soon. We would love to see you again and feel free to contact me should you be able to return. Thank you very much, Tonia
Carver, MA
Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

Our exoerience started with a front desk clerk who was not happy to be at work. I stated that I hadn't had my frequent guest number when I made my reservation to which she told me and everyone else waiting that when you booked via Expedia frequent guest points were not earned and that my stay was actually costing them money!
I can look past someone's attitude if I need to but I shouldn't have too! Our room was large, it did have full size appliances, the beach was right behind the hotel however the room smelled like mildew, the rug had stains on it and felt wet, the sheets on one bed were DIRTY as was the blanket on another (large orange stain) and the bathroom was dirty- hair on the floor and in tub. I carry lysol wipes with me when I travel and I washed down everything. I called three surrounding hotels within the first hour of checking in but no one had a room available. Would not return here.

Stayed May 2012
4 Thank shay_68
We appreciate your taking the time to write a review of our property on the Outer Banks. I am sorry that you experienced any issues for your stay. As you can see from our other reviews, this is not the norm for guests at our hotel. All of our carpets were professionally cleaned from mid to late April and they have been cleaned again since then. We do strive hard to maintain the Days Inn Chairman's Award which we have won for over 15 years running.

I am sure this was an anomaly, however again I am very sorry you experienced any issues during your stay. If you are able to visit the Outer Banks again please feel free to contact me and I wll help make sure your stay is everything you expect and more. Thank you, Tonia
springfield va
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I Have been staying at this place at least once a year for the past seven. The place as a rustic charm to it. Great location. Always enjoy visiting. Good breakfast. Also, good snacks during the afternoon.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
2.0 km away
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,406 reviews
0.5 km away
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
10.6 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
8.7 km away
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront

Been to Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK