This hotel is a "different" ocean side experience ... a great rambling building that yes, can be noisy; that yes, could use better mattresses; that yes, could have larger bathrooms, but has more charm than about any "beach" hotel I've ever seen. It starts with a huge, welcoming front porch complete with comfortable rocking chairs --- you can almost see old dudes sitting out there smoking their cigars decades ago. Enter the lobby, a large room with a great, aging, wood-burning fireplace, and the smell of chocolate chip cookies being baked. Add to that the loveliest, tasteful Christmas decorations imaginable (lovely tree, beautiful Christmas wreaths, and garlands banding the large, heavy, double front doors,) and you can over-look a lot. Great place to take the edge off the loneliness of business travel during the holiday season. Friendly, helpful staff. Good WiFi. A place you can look forward to returning to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nominated in 2009 by Days Inn as 1 of their 10 Finalists for Best Property of the Year (for a hotel with 75 rooms or less). Oceanfront property with expanded complimentary continental breakfast including waffles, cereals, fruit, yogurt & more. All rooms and suites are smoke free. Afternoon refreshments served from 4-6 pm. Microwave/refrig, coffeemaker, & hi speed wireless internet available in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Oceanfront Wright Brothers Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur NC - Outer Banks
- Kill Devil Hills Days Inn