“They Really Serve Duck!”
Review of Ducks Grille & Bar

Ducks Grille & Bar
Ranked #5 of 287 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Loved this place. We went on a Sunday, arriving just after their famous brunch ended, so the place had almost emptied and we didn't see a hostess or waitress for a couple minutes. But once they snapped back into action, it was good service and excellent food. Looks like a shopping-center dive, but the food is definitely "come-back-again" good! We ordered Duck Nachos... which were covered with shredded (dark) duck meat... and the nachos were well constructed... not just a dry pile of chips with stuff on top. The cheese, sauces, and other fixings where interspersed throughout the chips, so every bite was good. And the sandwiches!!! Two of us got burgers that were perfectly cooked, good burger meat and good buns too! The third person in our party had some sort of rib sandwich... which she did not share, so I suspect it was good too! They serve an interesting selection of beers. My only complaint is that it was my first time to ever try "sweet tea" and I was surprised that it was sort of lukewarm with a couple of ice cubes that had obviously just been added. I was expecting ice cold! Flavor was good though. I finished it and went for a nice cold beer. I would go here for burgers any time!!! Oh, and for my age, the music was PERFECT: classic rock of Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones, Pure Prairie... just the best.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We made reservations 2 weeks in advance but when we arrived they had either forgot or not planned for us as they had no tables ready. We arrived at 1215 for our 1230pm time but didnt get seated till 105 pm.We hadn't eaten here in a while because of the service and looks like it will be a while before we come back again.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Everything was ok but nothing worth a return visit. My bad on picking Ahi steak - what was I thinking? Salad lettuce was dated. No smiles just attitude here with funky decorating and so-so food.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

One of the only brunch spots.... and pretty cool for a late night drink or two. And one of the only patios in Jacksonville as well.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Visited Sunday afternoon 3/18/18. We waited 5plus minutes at hostess station. We saw the hostess on duty talking at a table. So we waited a few more minutes and stepped aside to try to get her attention. She noticed me at the hostess station but continued talking. We waited a few more minutes and she still did not come to the hostess station, so we left and went to a different restaurant 2 miles away where we were greeted by the hostess immediately and taken to our table in less than 2 minutes. So don’t know if the food was good but the service was nonexistent

1  Thank teresak42