“Great Value, Very Pleasant”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 24 July 2015

My husband and I stayed for a few days at the Sleep Inn and Suites in Jacksonville during a visit to my stepson who is training at Camp Geiger's Air Station. We had a standard room. The bed was smaller than what I thought, but very comfortable. The room was also a bit small but cozy and well appointed. The bathroom was clean and adequate. Having a small refrigerator, a microwave and a coffee maker was a plus. The swimming pool was clean and not crowded. All employees were nice and courteous. The breakfast was good and it stayed open until 10, which helps if you want to sleep in. The Hotel sits in an area between a Marriott and a Hilton brand hotels, though those cost a lot more. Lots of food and shopping in the area. I recommend it.

Room Tip: If you want to be more comfortable, ask for a King size bed.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Liz V, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites when you were recently able to make a trip to the area to visit Camp Geiger. I am glad to hear that you were mostly very satisfied with our hotel and with the value you received here.

It really sounds as if you were able to enjoy a lot of the amenities we offer while you were staying with us. I'm glad that you had positive experiences with our breakfast bar, our swimming pool, and our location. I do apologize for the fact that you were not completely comfortable with the size of your guest room. We certainly would be glad to set you up with another room type during your next visit here. Thank you for your remarks!

I hope that you'll be able to plan another trip to our area soon. We are looking forward to being able to welcome you back to our hotel and hope to earn a full 5-star review from you following your next stay here.

Liz Vestido

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites

Reviewed 29 June 2015

While the front desk persons were friendly and helpful, they room and service left a lot to be desired. The faucet in the bathtub dripped constantly and couldn't be turned off, I notified the front desk the first day of our three night stay and watched them make a note, it was never fixed. The toilet was not cleaned the second day and the bed not made up. Clean towels were put in the room I questioned the cleanliness of the bathroom after looking at the toilet. The pool was well maintained but the area around it was not. The free breakfast was good and the lady who maintained it was excellent.

Room Tip: probably the third floor since no one would be above you walking around.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Liz V, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2015

Dear JimB101,

We appreciated the chance to have you and your family as our guests during your recent visit to the Jacksonville, NC area. I am very glad that you've taken the time to reach out to us on TripAdvisor following your recent stay here.

I am pleased to hear that you found our front desk and breakfast team members to be friendly and helpful. I also am happy to know that you found our breakfast to be very good. While we appreciate hearing about the things that pleased you, we also like to know about where we could have improved. I am sorry that you experienced multiple problems during your stay with us, and I assure you that this is not typical of what a guest experiences at our hotel. I will be looking into each of your remarks to evaluate further training opportunities for our team members. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

I hope that your travels will bring you back this way again soon and that you will give us another chance to welcome you to our hotel. We look forward to having you back for a much better stay.

Reviewed 8 June 2015

I stay in hotels, 4 nights a week, 50 weeks a year. I want a clean and safe hotel, when I get more I write a trip advisor.

Today when I checked in, I asked for a ground floor room. Liz, told me that the room I booked was on the second floor but she would upgrade me at no charge and put me on the first floor. I did not ask, she just volunteered. Very, Very Cool.

Super friendly staff...everyone. Super clean hotel. The price is perfect. You can't go wrong staying with these nice people.

I will be back, in fact I will be back the next time on a Wednesday as I understand they offer an afternoon reception for their guests.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Liz V, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2015

Dear glass54258,

Thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent trip to the Sleep Inn & Suites of Jacksonville, NC. I am very glad to hear that you were completely satisfied with your experience at our hotel.

It's certainly a pleasure to know that your stay here went so well, and it was our pleasure to be able to offer you an upgrade so that your request for a first floor room could be met. Our entire team is dedicated to doing whatever we need to do to ensure that our guests are as pleased as possible with their accommodations here. We appreciate your remarks!

I am happy to know that you are already planning on return to our hotel for another visit. We are looking forward to welcoming you back and can't wait to share an evening Manager's Reception with you.

Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

I have not stayed in the Sleep Inn in about 7 years, but I am surprised by the need for updating the furnishings. The hallway was cooler than my room with a LOUD air conditioning unit......the bed is OKAY, but the pillows are like throw pillows......I am wishing that I had stayed in a different place tonight......NOTE TO ALL: I will check Trip Advisor before making any reservations!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Liz V, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2015

Dear Kristi R.,

Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn & Suites when you needed lodging in the Jacksonville, NC area during a recent business trip here. I appreciate that you took the time to reach out to us with your remarks following your stay at our hotel.

I am very sorry to hear that things did not go as well as they could have during your visit to our property, and I apologize for any inconveniences that were caused by any of these issues. I would love to have the opportunity to discuss your remarks with you in further detail. Please feel free to reach out to me at (910) 478-0099 or via email at gm.nc380@choicehotels.com . We strive to please all of our guests and look forward to receiving any more comments that you may have.

I hope that you'll be willing to give our hotel another chance to provide you with a superb visit during your next trip to this area. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to our Sleep Inn & Suites.

Reviewed 14 April 2015

Stayed at The Sleep Inn for two nights while my fiance was in Jacksonville for business. Pros: hotel room nice, bed sheets and carpet clean, staff very nice. Shower stays hot and water pressure is great. Plenty of storage space in room and bathroom. Room has a fridge and microwave. Location in Jacksonville is very good. Tons of shopping and restaurants nearby. Road noise is non-existent, even facing a busy street. Washer and dryer in hotel. Cons: the free breakfast is ok for one sitting. But my fiance has been at this hotel for 4wks and it is the same food everyday. Powder eggs, link sausage, bagels, waffle maker. The coffee is good and the lady who services the breakfast area is sweet and works very hard! But again, variety is desperately needed. (Bacon, biscuits, pancakes, more cereal, more yogurt, etc.) I guess because it is a free breakfast, it will have to do. The AC unit was ridiculously loud. We shut it off, but then you could hear the neighbors talking so back on it went. Its a very outdated system: most hotels use digital and this system needs an upgrade. The unit would not stay on even when temp was hotter then we wanted. The shower needs a hand-held shower head to make it more kid-friendly. The bath tub is Jacuzzi style so almost impossible to bathe a small kid (high tub sides and wall-mounted shower head). The hotel also had a strange smell. I couldn't place it, but it did not smell like cleaner. Maybe bad air freshener? The odor was present in the corridors, room and lobby. So overall, the hotel was OK but I would look elsewhere if I ever returned.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank KRISTEN K
Liz V, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2015

Dear Kristen K.,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad to see that you were very pleased with the cleanliness of our property, the friendliness of our staff, and the value of the complimentary amenities that we offer to our guests.

While we appreciate knowing the things that your were satisfied with, we also like to know where we could have improved. I am sorry that the bath tub in your jacuzzi suite proved to be a difficult place to bathe your children. Since your fiance was with us for as long as he was, we wanted to upgrade his room to give him the most comfortable accommodations possible, but i can certainly see where the tub in that particular room type would pose a problem for a mother. I also apologize for the other issues that you were not pleased with during your stay at our hotel. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

I hope that you'll find yourself in the Jacksonville, NC area again very soon, as we would love to have the opportunity to provide you with a much better experience during your next stay at our Sleep Inn & Suites hotel.