“Incredible Food, Great Price and Amazing Customer Service”

The Iron Horse Restaurant and Tavern
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 November 2018

Hi, my name is Richard and I have never left a review for anything before, that should tell you something about how pleased I was with my experience. My friends and I decided to go out for a drive into Madison County and Hot springs to just get away from everything, reset, see the fall colors and enjoy ourselves. For lunch, we wanted something local and that fit the location. This was all that we were hoping for and more. The food was bar none for the price, we were practically moaning and raving about it the entire time! We ordered the catfish po'boy, the grilled chicken panini, and a fried green tomatoes appetizer. Absolutely all of it was incredible. The dressings and sauces were some of the best things that have ever blessed my tastebuds. They are all homemade even! The honey mustard was so good that we offered to buy a jar of it.
Beyond just the food, the interior was so perfectly decorated to fit the location being right next to a railroad.
The best part of the entire experience was the customer service though. Our waitress was incredibly friendly and made sure that our experience was memorable and enjoyable. We also had the privilege of meeting Karen, the owner of this already impeccable establishment and she just made our experience even better. She had a genuine conversation with us and did whatever she could to make this the lunch of a lifetime and we could not be more thankful. We will definitely be back and will have already been recommending this place to all of our friends and family.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed Lunch today. I had white chili and a pint of Pisgah Pale Ale. Companion had catfish Po Boy which she said was also very good.

Reviewed 1 November 2018

My wife and I were in town for a couple of days for the fall colors and stopped by the Iron Horse for dinner. It was Halloween night and it was slow. Waiter was in costume, which was cool. The service was excellent, as was the food. My pan sautéed trout was excellent. The peanut butter pie was homemade and delicious. We met the new owners who were extremely friendly and gave us a tour of the Inn after dinner. Great place.

2  Thank Jody Y
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

We met here to catch up with some old friends who have moved to the area. The daily club sandwich special was huge, and my husband said it was delicious. I had the chicken white bean chili which was also excellent. The atmosphere is quaint, and the proprietor of the Inn gave us a private tour of his newly remodeled guest areas. We didn’t spend the night, but I would consider it when in the area.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank gailcI3066ER
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for lunch after 2 days of hiking the Appalachian Trail. We both ordered a burger and fries, and I ordered an iced tea. I have to say it was one of the tastiest burgers I've ever had, fries were delicious, and tea was so good I had 3 glasses of it! We later joined friends for dinner at the Iron Horse and everyone was pleased with their order, two had ordered trout and both said it was excellent. What a great little family-owned restaurant!

Date of visit: October 2018