“Dinner”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2018

My wife and I were in town for a couple of days for the fall colors and stopped by the Iron Horse for dinner. It was Halloween night and it was slow. Waiter was in costume, which was cool. The service was excellent, as was the food. My pan sautéed trout was excellent. The peanut butter pie was homemade and delicious. We met the new owners who were extremely friendly and gave us a tour of the Inn after dinner. Great place.

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank Jody Y

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

We met here to catch up with some old friends who have moved to the area. The daily club sandwich special was huge, and my husband said it was delicious. I had the chicken white bean chili which was also excellent. The atmosphere is quaint, and the proprietor of the Inn gave us a private tour of his newly remodeled guest areas. We didn’t spend the night, but I would consider it when in the area.

1  Thank gailcI3066ER
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for lunch after 2 days of hiking the Appalachian Trail. We both ordered a burger and fries, and I ordered an iced tea. I have to say it was one of the tastiest burgers I've ever had, fries were delicious, and tea was so good I had 3 glasses of it! We later joined friends for dinner at the Iron Horse and everyone was pleased with their order, two had ordered trout and both said it was excellent. What a great little family-owned restaurant!

1  Thank Doug W
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Great destination for lunch in the middle of the mountains. We drove along the French Broad River from Asheville,NC to Hot Springs, NC and had lunch at the Iron Horse. Creative cuisine that is well prepared and tasty.
Good service and across the street from the famous mineral baths.
A nice place to relax before tackling Hwy 209 West towards Fines Creek. You will see some mountain back roads and elevation changes before you run into I40.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

One of our group of 8 friends took us to one of her favorites, and the rest of us could see why. We started with an order of the fried green tomatoes for the table. Everyone was waxing eloquent about how good these were---especially in this group of seasoned Southern cooks! At the recommendation of our friend, we all had the sweet potato fries as the side with our sandwiches, and not even one little "burnt end" was left on our plates. Our sandwich orders ranged from the burger to the Cuban, with everyone satisfied with their choice. Beers on tap went down well, too. All this on a little side street overlooking the trains that occasionally passed by, making it a trip back in time to the days of America's small towns connected by railroads.

Date of visit: September 2018