“Nice dinner ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

It was our first trip to hit springs and after looking on trip adviser, we decided to eat here. Very nice place. It was very busy, which was a good sign. My wife ordered the filet and I ordered the strip. The flavors were good and I would of given 5 stars for this review if it were not for the fact the steaks were under cooked to our preference. She ordered medium well which came out medium rare and I ordered mine medium rare and it came out very rare.
We did not say anything or have it sent back. The way my wife's was cooked was perfect for me but too rare for her. I ate half my strip, it was just too rare.
On to other stuff. The side items were delicious and plentiful. We also ordered an appetizer of spring rolls and the sauces were amazing.
They had a good wine list and I was surprised to see the craft beer prices were lower than I'm used too.
Never being to Hot Springs before the parking was tricky as there isn't much. When you get to the restaurant hang a right and there is public parking down that way. It's just a short 2 or 3 min walk to the restaurant.
We would try this restaurant again if we ever come back.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Iron Rail was an unexpected pleasure on an unexpected weekend in Hot Springs, NC. The Iron Horse was a short stroll from the cabin we stayed in. The food was delicious - there were selections for meat eaters, and creative vegetarian dishes. Good selection of NC craft brews, too. Attentive service. Highly recommend. We needed a take out meal which they accommodated by bringing us the order & a container since they normally do not do take out dinners on weekends.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

The food was delicious and large portions. We ate lunch and dinner and selections were plentiful. The owners made us feel very welcome and the wait staff was great!

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Incredible time at a wonderful restaurant and inn nestled in historic Hot Springs. Gary and Karen are fantastic hosts and made our night especially memorable. The food was excellent and our server was exceptional. I had the ribeye and my wife had the trout. Both were cooked perfectly and very delicious. We had a great night of sleep in a nice room with a view of lover’s leap. The next morning, I was able to take a short jog up lover’s leap with incredible views of Hot Springs and the French Broad river. Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed 10 September 2018

3 friends and I visited Marshall for whitewater rafting this past weekend, and the B&B recommended Iron Horse in Hot Springs. We had the privilege of meeting one of the new owners (Karen Howard-Gross) as we browsed their menu_ posted outside the inn and tavern. Once inside, she introduced us to her husband, Gary Goss. Very sweet, hands-on, and accommodating people. We did a take-out that evening, and decided to return for lunch after rafting the next day: the food was THAT good! Karen gave us a tour of the inn upstairs from the restaurant. The original 1929 decor, flooring/ceilings, doors/doorknobs, etc. make it a very charming place; literally, a step back in time! Being our first visit, we did not know the previous owners, but the current owners are great!!
Looking forward to returning at some point.