Iron Horse Station
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Hot Springs
See available hotels
Alpine Court Motel(Hot Springs)
  • Spa
Greene Villa Motel(Greeneville)
Andrew Johnson Inn(Greeneville)
View Hotel
All reviewsiron horserestaurant downstairsold buildingappalachian traillive musicwalls are very thinpackage dealin townshower headwhite noise machinetrain tracksstep back in timewould stay here againsmall townbar tenderthe sweet potato friesgreat package
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We stayed two nights. We had a jacuzzi Pullman room which was wonderful. Nicely decorated, comfortable bed. Amazingly restored building. Walls are very thin but everyone seems to respect that. Staff was very nice and friendly. Very unique!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cleo320
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We purchased a LivingSocial Deal for 2 nights at the Iron Horse Station. The hotel is really, really charming, and John (owner? Innkeeper? Mr. Hot Springs?) was very helpful and friendly! The walls are thin, but ear plugs are complimentary, and it's a minor inconvenience when everything is so nice!

Had a soak in the mineral tubs across the street and that was wonderful too!

Definitely recommended for a romantic getaway!

Room Tip: We got the jacuzzi room. I was worried about not having windows, but the sky wells are really neat.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank R_Hendo99
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I don't live far from Hot Springs, but was heading to do some work on monday that was an hour further NW from there....so thought I would spend the night and hit some trails. I was planning on staying somewhere else but they were not open. So checked into the Iron Horse. They had one room left! The weekend innkeeper lady was VERY very nice and extremely helpful! She even gave me the trip advisor "deal". The building is historic....and been fully remodeled. Beautiful wooden floors, nice beds, nice decor. No TV's in the room. There is a common room where there is one big TV for all to watch. The innkeeper lady for the weekend...during all our chatting I told her I was going to watch desperate housewives. well when time for it to come on someone else was watching TV...so she turned it on in the bar for me to watch! The only thing about the hotel is that it is rather "noisy" there...with the train coming by (right across the street). I noticed later in the eve there was a basket of ear plugs on the table...and I laughed! Probably doesn't bother some. I also ate down stairs...and had a nice decent meal. The restaurant was very busy for a sunday night. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. It is right across the street from the natural hot springs...you can just walk there. Hot springs is a beautiful quiet area. Lots of outdoor activities.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank gypsyiam
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My husband and I spent one night in Hot Springs at Iron Horse Station. The place was very comfortable and quaint. We had a room with "sky well" which meant a sky light and no window. All window rooms were booked.
I was concerned about this when booking but as it turned out I really liked it.
It lit the room very well with natural light and at night you could see the stars through it.
The maybe not so great thing was in the morning.....it again filled the room with lots of natural light, so it may hinder your sleep. Did not bother us cause we were getting up early anyway.
Over all we really enjoyed our stay here and plan on returning with friends.
We also had dinner in the resturant, which was just down the back stairway, food was very good too.

Room Tip: See review
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Okeeweemee
Reviewed 30 December 2011

This is a great, clean and unique find. Brings you back many years and so convenient to the Hot spa across the street. We will be back. This is a one horse town so if you want night life, partying, dont bother. If you want quaint, hot thermal tubs, affordable massages...do come, you will love it

Room Tip: Very different hotel, more like B & B
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple