All reviews dog bed dog park dog friendly hotel parking garage dog lovers dog theme beautiful courtyard king suite continental breakfast main street heated floors forever home water bowl large flat screen tvs wonderful dog pet owners boiled eggs
Reviewed 2 April 2018

What a find! At one end of Main Street, just two short blocks to center of town. Can't say enough about the wonderful staff - friendliest I can recall ever having at a hotel. Extremely clean, suite-style rooms, heated floors in bathrooms were amazing, toiletries so nice we bought a bottle of body wash to bring home. Only two floors of rooms (there is an elevator) that all open onto a pretty little courtyard, with parking available underground which would be a huge advantage in inclement weather. We didn't bring our dogs, but kids (ages 7-14) definitely want to come back with them soon! They enjoyed petting dog guests and making conversation with their owners. Continental breakfast had everything we needed - bagels, muffins, cereal, yogurt, fruit. We can't wait to get back!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
ParkOnMainHotel, Manager at The Park On Main Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Michele, we're glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay! That is great to hear you purchased some of our body wash! We hope that you do in fact come back soon with your dogs!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Staff welcomed us upon arrival and was very friendly. The lobby is cozy and quaint. The room was clean and didn’t feel like a hotel at all. My wife’s favorite was the heated bathroom floors. I’m sure that is going to cost me in the near future.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scott H

Scott, we're glad that your wife enjoyed the heated floors! We hope you come back soon. Thank you for the positive review!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We normally stay with friends in Highlands but with a recent quick one night stay we spent the night at The Park on Main. What a treat! The hotel staff was gracious and the rooms were terrific- it was like a night at home. Everything in town is a close walk. We were in 303 which is downstairs (not up) but still with a view. Rooms were well appointed suites - very clean and well stocked with toiletries and necessities in the bath, including robe and Keurig. My son forgot his toothbrush and they had one available up font. The continental breakfast was very good - yogurt, bagels, hard boiled eggs, muffins, cereal, coffee and juice. Excellent lobby coffee - so feel free to pad down for a cup instead of firing up the Keurig. We didn’t bring our dog this trip, but maybe another time. Parking on the side street or garage was a breeze. Our rate was was extremely reasonable given the off-season. I would highly recommend and look forward to staying again sometime.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for this kind review! We hope that you stay with us again soon, but be sure to bring along your dog next time!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Unique boutique dog-friendly hotel. The theme is everywhere- Dog art in the lobby, dog beds and bowls in every room. Strong attention to personal messaging, custom welcome letter in the room, personal ID on the phone made a great impression. Little touches from soft-close drawers, lush towels, and honey mango charcoal soap make all the difference in the bathroom. Rooms extremely clean. The only complaint is that the bed is crowded into the bedroom- so much so you couldn’t fully open the closet without bumping the door into the bed. We had suite 108, with a nice view of the courtyard in front and off the balcony in back. Generous Continental Breakfast in the lobby. Off-season rate under $150 with tax. Same room rack rate in season is $404. Does include heated parking garage at no charge.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Jeffery, thank you so much for this all-encompassing review! We appreciate you noticing all of the little touches that we offer. We hope that you come back to stay with us again sometime soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Although I don't know why I would be back in the area - my teens and I were doing the waterfall byway tour through NC for spring break - they still insisted we need to come back and stay again. Although we did not bring our dog along for the trip, we enjoyed visiting with other guests' dogs and just all the fun dog decorations from the art in the rooms and lobby to the statues in the courtyard. Even the toilet was "Toto" brand which made me giggle.

The hotel was very clean and our suite was spacious and comfortable. My teen son slept on the foldout sofa bed which wasn't the greatest, but I could have told him it wouldn't be (after having to sleep on one while visiting in-law years ago). He still slept fine and the bed for my teen daughter and me was good. The heated tile floor in the bathroom was a plus as was the heated parking garage. When we woke the next morning and it was 19 degrees outside, we didn't have to worry about cold toes or starting a cold engine. (Parking garage is first come, first serve because there are not enough spaces for all guests if the rooms were filled. If the door is closed, you use your room key on the sensor on the pole to the left of the parking garage to enter.)

Staff was friendly as well. The only thing lacking was the "continental" breakfast. I am gluten free (allergies), and while I did not tell them this ahead of time (because I don't like to make a fuss) I only had the choice of yogurt (one flavor) and boiled eggs (both of which I ate). It was enough though. The rest of the breakfast selection consisted of bagels, juices, and cereals. I am not knocking a star off though because everything else about our stay was top notch; I just wanted to point that out for other guests and maybe if the hotel owners decided to add a little more "umph" to the breakfast menu. Guests can easily go down to the Mountain Fresh Grocery for a delicious breakfast (served until 11) if you need more.

Highlands is a neat town and while our stay was short, we were so glad we picked The Park on Main to sleep for the night!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
John W, General Manager at The Park On Main Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for the night during your visit to Highlands. I am so glad that everyone loved the hotel and found all of our extras to be a hit with your family. We hope to see you back in Highlands and at The Park on Main in the future.