“Super Japanese Food!”

Yamato Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 301 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 14 December 2017

This is a great place for Japanese hibachi and sushi without having to pay the price for them cooking right in front of you. Everything food wise I've had here is always delicious and the service is usually good as well. On this visit I had the hibachi steak and chicken and my friend has various sushi. We also had the miso soup and she had a salad. All tasted wonderfully. I definitely recommend for hibachi style or sushi. Wonderful place!

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

We visit Yamato often, several times a month. It is Japanese Steakhouse food without the Steakhouse price. The owners are so sweet and always greet us and speak to our 2 year old. The food has never disappointed. Why pay $60 when yku can go here and pay $30? No, they dont put on a show or cook in front of you but the food is what matters and it is every bit as good. This is the only.place we go for Japanese.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

I used to go here occasionally after they first opened and the food was always very good. It's been many years since I've been there but I recently returned when my friend and I were craving some Asian food. We were not disappointed. I got the hibachi steak plate and my friend got sushi. Our soup and salad was very good and we both enjoyed our main entrees. The sushi rolls were very beautiful and tasty. The server was good and they kept our table clean and drinks filled. It was still as good today and it was years ago. This place is a bit pricey for what you get, but you will enjoy the food. Certainly check it out when you're in the mood for Asian food.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

My co workers and I eat at this restaurant on a regular basis and we are always impressed with the quality of the food and the service. My favorite dish is the hibachi shrimp! I order it ALL of the time. I highly recommend this establishment.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

This is one of our favorite spots to grab no-frills Japanese food. Japanese restaurants tend to have wildly-varying recipes for ginger dressing on their salads, and this just happens to be a recipe we prefer. Any of their Hibachi-style entrees are recommended. Each time I have ordered the shrimp/filet Hibachi combination I have been very pleased. The steak has always been very tender, and cooked just as ordered. The only negatives we have encountered is that the dining area is fairly small. At busier times this can lead to a bit of a wait, with a very small waiting area. The other challenge is that at times they can be under-staffed with wait staff. Each time this has happened with us, it hasn't been too long before an additional server will show up. The negatives aside, we give high marks to the overall experience, and especially to the chef and food quality.