“Best barbecue and hush puppies”
Review of Kepley's Barbecue

Kepley's Barbecue
Ranked #13 of 310 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Once a year I make it back to my favorite barbecue place. The food is delicious and the people are real southern folks. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Bob and sitting with him while we ate. He tells stories from way back and the history of Kepleys. He is in his 80’s and still comes to work every day! If you’re ever there I hope you have the pleasure of meeting him. One year for my birthday Kepleys actually shipped barbecue and hush puppies to my home - best birthday present ever.

1  Thank Jan728

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We traveled through NC and stopped here after reading the wonderful reviews. Well, I have to say that you will never meet nicer folks. NOTHING is too much for them to do for their customers. I asked for a few samples because I have some weird food issues and can't stomach a lot of spicy stuff. Our waitress was more than happy to give me a sample of the bbq and although it was more 'vinegar' in it than I am used to, she was so sweet for making sure that I could eat it.

The other amazing thing about this little place is the prices.I felt like I stepped back into the 60's.. Wow... We walked away from there feeling completely filled and as if we had met friends that we had known all of our lives. Thanks Mr Bob for a wonderful experience and good food

1  Thank travelinmama1731
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

The place has been around for 70 years and for good reason. Authentic, genuine, down home style barbecue (pork) plus tasty hot dogs and burgers. Hush puppies and slaw are the best around. Cheap for lunch or dinner. Original owner is usually there hanging out in dining area, chatting with customers.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Menu is very small as they specialize in what they do. BBQ is definitely their specialty, but I had a burger, and it was excellent.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I am not a huge barbecue fan and this is the only place I enjoy it. It has a wonderful smoky taste and is not doused with a lot of sauce, just delicious meat.