“Great Ol' NC BBQ”

Kepley's Barbecue
Ranked #13 of 311 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

I recently rediscovered this place. Kepley's is a joint that I remember fondly from my childhood. Imagine how happy I was to visit 30 years later and find that it hasn't changed! Old school atmosphere, genuinely appreciative service, and superior NC BBQ. Recommend!

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank jhumphreylkn

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Standard Carolina BBQ but Bob is a delight if you get to speak with him. So many fun stories about the history of his restaurant and the town in general.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Went here for early dinner 5:30pm. shortly thereafter the locals started showing up. After tasting the Barbecue and hush puppies .... I know why they have such loyal customers. Charming place much like a diner. Since 1948. I don't know how i missed this place for years, but this will be my stop when ever i'm in High Point.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 31 August 2017

The BBQ is sweet and sour very close to Eastern BBQ. Mr. Kepley greets everyone and has a story for everyone to enjoy. The que is wonderful and hush puppies have a sweetness where you want more. The blackberry, peach, and cherry cobbler is homemade and the reward to end a great que.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Thomas R
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Lived in High Point in my school-aged days. Never ate at Kepley's. Now I live in Charlotte, NC and visit my mother regularly in High Point. She knows without even asking that when we come we HAVE TO HAVE Kepley's BBQ. The BBQ is great, the hushpuppies are awesome and the ladies who are the regular waitresses know at the end of the meal I HAVE TO HAVE peach cobbler (they even know I order with extra crust). That's just how often I try to eat there. The waitresses are super friendly and always hustling about. Mr. Burleson is always there and always ready to greet you with a smile and a few kind words. Don't be surprised if you become a "regular", he may even sit down and talk with you a spell. It's a small BBQ joint so you could have to wait for a table, but we've never had to wait long. So go treat yourself.......!!!

Date of visit: July 2017