“Good Food and Price”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

My family went to celebrate a birthday and we had a really nice time. The mango margarita was great and affordably priced. I had ACP which was great. My wife had grilled chicken nachos which were good as well. The waitress was very nice and attentive. I am sure we will go back again.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

I read the reviews and everyone seemed to review it as good so we thought we would give it a shot. The food was OK nothing special our problem came when it was time to pay, we gave the credit card with the receipt to the waiter he brought me back the one to sign,my receipt was 21.84 the one helse eturned with my card was 92.00, sor I said this is wrong and you need to credit my card back and charge the right amount, we'll they then brought me a recipe for 28.00 ugh! Now I have to see what they actually charged and dispute with credit card ifor eyes didn't fix it, very frustrating

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Pancho's is one of the few area restaurants that offers something different from Carolinian cuisine. High Point is a sleepy town so when you come here for the furniture market, the hospital, family etc it's a decent option for dine in and take away. I've frequented the place regularly since 2013 and honestly enjoyed the food. However, after a recent visit I can see a decline in both quality & service. There also seems be a bit of arrogance as they are one of the few larger restaurants with a full bar on Main. It's basically okay to provide mediocre service because it's like "where else can you go". I typically order the same thing and today found the menu re-arranged. I asked what could they do and the girls up front tweaked my order to familiarity. I pick up my food and return to a family members - one dish looks normal and the other is off and also has a long strand of hair across it. I figure it's not too late to call and correct this if anything I still have another perfect dish. I get some guy who informs me the kitchen is closed, then offers a refund w a courtesy visit but needs to explain fundido to me as if I'm unaware of how it comes. I asked for ground beef because the girls only showed me chicken and steak in the menu. Fundido in the past has been mostly melted cheese with a small portion of ground beef or chorizo. Regardless of preparation, there was still a hair across what looked like a full meal of ropa veja, unrequested beans & rice, liquified sour cream and all of the kitchen grills remaining onion strips. So the extra chips I ordered had no queso. I'm not explaining all of this and the hair has pretty much voided any explanation but he needed to verbally tour their menu for me. I try to get the refund as I'm leaving Saturday morning but my name is too complicated for this guy who isn't half way nice about anything I'm telling him. I decide to end the call and physically return ALL of my food. He is now waiting for me like a goon but he needs to dissect all the food and interrogate me. There is no introduction, no discreet tone and absolutely no consideration for my inconvenience. He eventually hands me $20 cash after I demanded a refund multiple times. He also took additional money from the drawer and offered me as he called it "gas money" - I'm assuming to leave. So not only was I given an education on melted cheese but offered a free ride as well. And no I never got a receipt, one was never given or offered so I couldn't tell you who to avoid. Frankly, with that sort of behavior and food it's quite obvious the place is grossly mismanaged and not worth the time. If you have traveled here and would like to eat and be treated with respect, please go elsewhere.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

One of many local Mexican restaurants. Service is decent; food is very good. Lots of space for seating larger groups, but your service will be slower. They don't mind if you bring in a dessert if you are celebrating a special occasion. Lots of dishes on the menu. Only complaint- rice was crunchy (whoops).

Reviewed 26 December 2016

Pancho Villas is my favorite restaurant...period! As a frequent diner there, I have never had a bad experience with food or service. Even when the restaurant is packed with a long waiting line to be seated, the staff is prompt and courteous. Although I have my favorites, occasionally I will venture to something else on the expansive menu and am never disappointed. The prices are reasonable as well. If you like your salsa more on the spicy side, ask for salsa picosa either red or green (or some of both!). Red is generally a bit hotter but has a wonderful roasted pepper taste. Green is sharp from the tomatillo content with a medium hot bite. As one who has tried hundreds of housemade salsa picosa samples, Pancho Villa's is the best!