“Great Japanese food”

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

If you are looking for great food and place then this is it wait staff is great and the cooks put on a good show being your family and friends

Thank L.C. Chuck W

Reviewed 4 September 2016

It had been a while since our last visit to Fire & Sticks. I've not been very excited to return because I've been consistently disappointed in the entertainment skills of the chef. For me, at least, that is one of the attractions for going to this type of Japanese steakhouse and paying the higher cost. We have another favorite restaurant for simply ordering hibachi meals.

Still, we decided to try again. I called the manager, Josh, and was told that he would see to it that we got a chef that would do well. As it turned out, our chef had the lowest level of skill of any before. I keep looking for the kind of talent that I've experienced in my travels. Either it's a dying skill or they're just not in this area.

Ok, so what about the quality of the meal? In general, the food was well prepared and tasted pretty good. Unfortunately there was a huge problem. The globs of fat on half of the cut pieces of rib eye steak were as big or bigger than the meat attached to them.

I had sent back my fork to use chop sticks. And our waitress didn't return again until the end of the meal, so I had no opportunity to ask for a fork and knife to trim my own steak.

We'll not be going back to Fire & Sticks again.

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

I've been here several times. This is a must eat place for me when I'm in town. People are friendly and the food is great.

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

I liked the design and look of the restaurant in general. Service was ok. The food was more than plenty!!!! The only down side is that the chef I got was not the most engaged in the hibachi experience, but still was attentive, just that the hibachi show was non existent. I saw that the other tables had a great time!!! Even saw that same chef took care of a table of 2 and was awesome!!! Made them laugh and still did the full experience!!! I asked for his name and seemed it is tony, so I will duplicate his routine to the others, although personality is all what it takes!

Reviewed 11 July 2016

The shrimp tasted and smelled rotten by more than one of our guest completely unsolicited by the other guests. The chef was not engaging like in other hibachi grill restaurants. For the money....it was not worth it.