“Fabulous Sliced Brisket, BBQ Sauce, Potato Salad, and Hush Puppies”
Review of BBQ Joes

BBQ Joes
Ranked #6 of 310 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 16 July 2018

I was craving some excellent beef brisket and that's hard to find in the land of pork barbecue. We had great brisket before at BBQ Joe's so we went back today. I re-read my previous review and noted that the green beans and baked beans were nothing special, so we skipped those sides. Hubby ordered the meatloaf special ($6.49) with fries and spiced apples. Of course, I ordered the sliced brisket plate with double sides of potato salad ($10.69) . I was the clear lunchtime winner today. Hubby got a rectangular slab of meat loaf, and fairly small servings of french fries and spiced apples. His meal was ok, nothing special. My meal was fabulous! I got 4 large slices of perfectly cooked smoked beef brisket. We almost gasped when we saw how generous my serving was. I also got 2 extra large and heaping full servings of potato salad. My plate was full from side to side. The potato salad was made with red potatoes and both mayo and sour cream. It was delicious - almost as good as my home made potato salad. I tried both their home made BBQ sauces - regular and hot. My favorite was the regular. The hot sauce was not overly hot. We also got a basket of large O shaped hush puppies with our meals. I didn't stop to count the hush puppies, but there were probably 8 - 9 in the basket. These hush puppies are perfectly cooked, soft, and tasty - unlike the hush puppies served at other restaurants. You'll enjoy eating these. I would have given BBQ Joes a 5 rating based on my meal, but had to give it a 4 when I also considered Hubby's meal. After he had a taste of my brisket, he realized he should have ordered brisket too. Take my suggestion and be sure to get the sliced beef brisket and the potato salad. I think you'll love it, too!

1  Thank NancyD3207

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped by for dinner and food was great. Our server, Jennifer, was excellent considering dining there again tomorrow evening as well

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I was surprised by the hush puppies, they looked like onion rings. But it turns out that it’s a great form to enjoy the crust since there’s more surface area. And it doesn’t have a chance to have a gummy center since there is no center. The pulled pork was good. The Cole slaw was chopped finer than I like but tasty. The bbq sauces are bottled not house made, but good anyway.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Excellent BBQ, though I prefer Kepley's (also in High Point) just marginally. BBQ Joes has great fries, a couple of their own sauces, plus quite a few other good items, including daily special plates. Service seems to be a bit inconsistent- either they are all over you (sometimes even too much), or you have trouble getting anyone's attention for refills. The inconsistent service is the reason I give it only 4 stars, and not 5. If the scale was 1-10, I would probably give it a 9.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I love going to lunch here...such good bbq and sides. Plus their sweet teas are huge and come in a to go cup and last forever. Also always great service.

Been to BBQ Joes? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK