“Better than expected”

Thai Bangkok Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 310 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 14 February 2017

We ordered take out from here recently. We had eaten here a few years ago and weren't overly impressed but, on this visit it was excellent. We both had fresh rolls. My wife had the vegetarian ones with tofu rather than shrimp. I had yellow curry and my wife had some type of noodles. We both enjoyed the food very much. I would eat here or get take out again for sure.

The fresh rolls are pretty much like every other SE Asian restaurant..that is, delicious. The price is in line with the other restaurants in the immediate area. The atmosphere is quite good I think. It's light and clean.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Thai Bangkok is a staple for my wife and I. Authentic Thai food (I wouldn't know myself, but my wife has traveled there and confirms this), informal but attentive service. Not expensive, and lots of choices. The "specials" seem to actually be always available, I get the soft-shell crab routinely and ask for crunchy rather than sautéed basil leaves, most excellent!

Reviewed 7 December 2016

I mean...it's not the best Thai I've had. The service was again, subpar as we had to wait a long while to even order our drinks, then again to get our drinks, and then again to order our food. They weren't even that busy so I'm not sure what the deal was there.

I ordered the sea food and veggies with the crispy yellow noodles in the clay pot. The broth (although they called it a sauce) was very tasty. I liked the crispness of the veggies and was glad they let me switch out the mushrooms with cabbage. The seafood seemed to be well prepared and went well with the sauce.

It wasn't bad but wasn't the best.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

This place is your typical Thai restaurant. It has all the top picks but my favorite is the Drunken Noodles. Every time i eat here, i can't help but get this dish. If you like spicy food you can also increase the spice level up to triple Thai hot (if you dare). Quick and easy for lunch or dinner. If you haven't tried this spot, I would do so the next time you crave Thai food.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Everything we had here was very good. But the Fresh Rolls and Oceans Nest were outstanding. Service was great. The guys are really attentive and funny!