“ASIAN conFUSION!”

Little Tokyo
Ranked #28 of 303 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 27 April 2017

High Point, NC is not the melting pot of Asian cuisine but Little Tokyo takes Asian "con'fusion" to a whole new level!

OK...stand back and try to follow.

The restaurant is located on the bottom floor of what seems to pass for an office building. Upon entering the place, your Asian confusion starts.

1. The place is owned by a Korean guy
2. There are Chinese lanterns above the sushi area
3. They have Japanese pictures and stuff around
4. The figurines are from Korean heritage
5. The bamboo seating mats are Korean
6. The sushi/sashimi combo was not too Japanese - had hot sauce on it...what?
7. They served Korean BurGoGi here as a meal and with Chinese fried rice

The list goes on.

But why does all the confusion matter if the food was good? Well it wasn't great.
The sushi wasn't all that well prepared and presented. The sashimi cut was uneven and showed little artistry. The only great thing was Sake was buy one and get one free! Not a repeat place for me but at least my countryman seems to be doing ok in the land of pulled pork and burgers.

KanPai!

1  Thank WearyWanderer_TO

Reviewed 7 December 2016

I was very much in the mood for sushi and wanted to give this place its fair shake. I'm really a fan of how the place is laid out firstly but the atmosphere overall was nice.

Our server was very nice. We were her only table so she got a little annoying as she stopped by our table about every 2.5 minutes. Yes, we are still fine and thanks much. There was another server that had a table just beyond us. Every time he walked by he reeked of cigarette smoke. It lingered in the air after every pass and we were all very off put by it.

The sushi was average at best. I asked for the two most popular rolls. I don't hold out hope for the rest of the sushi rolls of these were their best. The mini free appetizers were actually really good. We weren't a fan of their dumplings at all. They tasted as if they had been in the freezer too long.

Their fried rice was clearly old, tough, and bland. I wouldn't serve that to anyone...every.

I doubt highly that we will be back.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

My husband and I love sushi! This is one of the better placed in High Point to get amazing rolls! They have a great variety and make sure to check out the specials board as you walk in!

Reviewed 9 October 2016

Love the appetizers that come with your meal. Great service and great food. The sushi is fresh and delicious. I especially like the bento box which comes with hibachi, sushi, and a plethora of sides.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Had a nice dinner with some great sushi and beer. Service was good, although it took a little longer than usual because there were some large parties. No big deal though. I'd recommend it. Oh yeah...dental floss you ask? I took a trip to the bathroom before leaving only to find sanitary and individually wrapped toothbrushes and a communal tube of toothpaste. That was a first! So all they need is some dental floss.