High Point, NC is not the melting pot of Asian cuisine but Little Tokyo takes Asian "con'fusion" to a whole new level!
OK...stand back and try to follow.
The restaurant is located on the bottom floor of what seems to pass for an office building. Upon entering the place, your Asian confusion starts.
1. The place is owned by a Korean guy
2. There are Chinese lanterns above the sushi area
3. They have Japanese pictures and stuff around
4. The figurines are from Korean heritage
5. The bamboo seating mats are Korean
6. The sushi/sashimi combo was not too Japanese - had hot sauce on it...what?
7. They served Korean BurGoGi here as a meal and with Chinese fried rice
The list goes on.
But why does all the confusion matter if the food was good? Well it wasn't great.
The sushi wasn't all that well prepared and presented. The sashimi cut was uneven and showed little artistry. The only great thing was Sake was buy one and get one free! Not a repeat place for me but at least my countryman seems to be doing ok in the land of pulled pork and burgers.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.