All reviews outback steakhouse waffles room was clean wood floors coffee and juice bit hard to find place to stay traveling with pets a pet friendly hotel friendly desk clerk fridge and microwave free breakfast is booked online first floor enjoyed my stay business trip lake lure
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Traveling with my husband on a business trip and of course our dogs came along. This Red Roof was convenient to I-26, yet set far enough back so no highway noise. Large grassy fields to let the dogs play. Directly behind an Outback Steakhouse, so grabbing dinner was a breeze. Our room 212 was clean and convenient to the elevator for taking the dogs out. The highlight of our stay was an employee named JT. He takes great pride in this establishment, and was very helpful in recommending things to do/see in the area. We paid only $63 with no pet surcharge... this is a big value in the Asheville area! Just a few cons... No in-room coffee maker, but was available in the lobby. Housekeeping woke the dogs up early knocking on the door at 8am despite a do not disturb sign. Continental breakfast was limited to waffles or toast. Morning staff didn't acknowledge us in the half a dozen times we passed by her desk, a big departure from the friendly staff the night before. None of the above would prevent us from staying there again! Red Roof has cornered the market on Pet Friendly policies, we will return!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank 172stephaniea
RRI-Hville-Staff, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Hendersonville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Thank you for your kind and comprehensive review. We look forward to our next chance at a five-star review from you.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

I live 90+ minutes from this hotel and needed to make hotel reservations for a local Law Enforcement school I was attending just up the road. I booked my room and showed up. The on duty clerk said "We don't normally rent to "locals", but since you booked with Booking.com, I guess we'll let you stay." Now, this sent up a red flag to me. First, "Local" and 90+ minutes away? Not like my ID said I lived in Hendersonville..Secondly, me thinks this hotel got into some trouble before for 'local activity' so now they've made it a policy not to allow 'locals'. I assured the clerk that I wouldn't be having any guests and I wouldn't be having any parties, nor would I be doing anything that would jeopardize my career. The room was clean. A surprise of the fridge and microwave was a plus. If you're just looking for a clean place to sleep, take a shower, and leave, this is it. If you're someone who rates hotel stays on their complementary breakfast, well...this location only serves waffles and juice...but there's other places within 2 miles and a Starbucks right at the entrance.. I enjoyed my stay, I was only there to sleep and it was quiet, but ... living in the Mountains of North Carolina, in my town, it's not uncommon to sometimes arrive to your cabin and not be able to get up your steep mountain road due to the snow/ice and sometimes you have to get a 'local' hotel until morning's light. I'm glad the hotels in my town are more accommodating because sleeping in one's vehicle during an ice storm at the bottom of your mountain and unable to get up to your house doesn't sound appealing. If it were not for the "we don't rent to locals" comment, I'd come back as I have a few other classes scheduled, but .. there's other hotels in the area that'll take my money and not care about my address.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank NO2Diver
RRI-Hville-Staff, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Hendersonville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry if our staff member, while attempting to inform you of our policy, made you feel in any way personally unwelcome. It is always our goal to be as courteous, accommodating, and professional as possible when broaching these subjects, and we intend to use this instance as means to learn, grow, and enhance our training practices. We have always sought to cultivate a quiet, peaceful, orderly atmosphere in our establishment, and our various policies and procedures help us to ensure that we need not allocate resources in the repair of our establishment or reputation. While you, and likely others, may disagree with our policies, we believe that equitable enforcement of such, along with compassionate and professional explanation thereof, is the appropriate way forward. We thank you again for your detailed and specific criticisms, as we can only become a better member of our community if our community engages with us.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Loved it nice clean room, nice showers and very comfortable bed was happy to have fridge and microwave in room, enjoyed my stay and very nice employees. As well as everything was close an convenient dint have and loud nabors thought the room was empty but when went out at night it was packed! Loved my stay best hotel yet. Great prices

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BonitaRita G

Thank you for your kind and informative review, we look forward to having you back the next time you're in Hendersonville.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Location is conveniently off I-26 in Hendersonville. Far enough from highway that we did not hear any noise from it (we are aon the back side also) and it is right next to Out Back Steak House. You get a 15% discount eating there when you stay here. Breakfast is only belgian waffles but at least there is something offered. All floors in rooms are laminent. Room doors are all from the inside. Clean room and friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank DJH35
RRI-Hville-Staff, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Hendersonville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you for kind and informative review, we look forward to having back soon!

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Our church tried to book a room for a member in need single dad and 13 year old daughter, upon check in was told they don't rent to locals, when I asked to speak to manager, they said only via email, not offering the email address up! It's January, a church is going to pay you money for 3 nights and you won't take it! Seriously, the worst customer service I've ever experienced.....rude, unapologetic I would never recommend this place to any of my out of town friends!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Charlene D
RRI-Hville-Staff, other at Red Roof Inn Hendersonville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

We are sorry to have heard about this most unfortunate series of events. While it is our hope to be able to work with our community as closely as possible, we must, for our own protection, institute and maintain policies equitably. While we do, under rare and extenuating circumstances, extend exception to our strict no-locals policy; this is not done without forethought and consideration. It is not within the authority of our general staff to make exception to this policy, and, without prior authorization of exception from a member of management, our associate executed her expected responsibilities. While we understand one's visceral reaction to this policy, it is one which has served us well in maintaining the atmosphere we wish to cultivate in our establishment. In the future, should your organization require the extension of some exception to this policy, we would ask that a representative make a formal request to that end with a member of our management team between the hours of 7am and 3pm, Monday through Friday.