All reviews outback steakhouse waffles room was clean wood floors coffee and juice bit hard to find traveling with pets place to stay a pet friendly hotel friendly desk clerk fridge and microwave free breakfast is booked online first floor enjoyed my stay pleasant stay lake lure
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

One of the most disgusting hotels I've stayed in. Checked in late after a bluegrass festival (10:30 Pm). Most hotels on our route were booked. Upon arrival in the room we saw four roaches crawling in the bathroom and behind the bathroom mirror. The worst part was the beds were soaking wet. Like when we pulled the covers back the mattress pad and sheets were soaked. Immediately asked to be changed to a new room. They said they'd try to find a room or would send housekeeping. At this point it was almost 11:30 and we were exhausted. They finally said we could move to the second floor. As we were walking down the hall we noticed a hotel worker walking down the hall carrying a yellow liquid in a spray bottle. When we entered the room it had the most awful chemical smell you've ever smelled. The tops of the coverlets were shining with the wetness of this chemical. It was AWFUL. The sheets were stained and nasty. At this point it's close to midnight and we had to sleep. If it wasn't such a hilly drive home I may have chanced the two hours in the night but we thought it would be unsafe. All night, despite turning up the heat, we were freezing. The next morning we discovered that the worker had left the window wide open (it was in the 40s). What a miserable, dirty, and disgusting hotel. At checkout we were informed that there had been a cat in the room and they were trying to get rid of the smell. Didn't work and the whole second floor smells of animal anyway. Learned our lesson for sure as we'll never stay at a Red Roof Inn again. Also with the large numbers of roaches on the first floor I'd think the kitchen where they serve breakfast would be very unsanitary.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Shelley H
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Let me preface that this was my first and last Red Roof experience.

When we walked in the door, no reservation; after 40 minutes of my time and the manager’s, we got the information from Expedia. To make up for my wait, she was giving us “the best room in the house” {remember this phrase}.

When we stepped in the large room, we noticed the wood-embossed linoleum installed to accommodate the occasional faux pas of the four-pawed residents (and the house was full of them); unfortunately, the floor had that sticky feel as though they had not cleaned off all of Fido.

I needed to complete some work for the week so I settled down on the big cushy brown sofa to hook up my computer; my wife shared those reassuring words “You know some dog has been sleeping on that couch.” My next thrill – no internet on any of the numerous servers. When I tried to call down to the desk, I got my next surprise – no phone. When I went to the desk, I mentioned that someone had nailed the headboard over the phone outlet so it could not be accessed – “Oh yeah, they did that when they remodeled. You have a cell phone, don’t you?” When I could not even get a signal using the ethernet line at the Business Center, the desk clerk gave me the number of their support line: “Let me go through some of these tickets and see. . . Yeah, you have an outage. We'll call the desk if we get it back up.” The next time I passed the desk, “The owner’s planning to come by later tonight with someone to hook up a connection.” It was so comforting to know that the next customer might get a signal.

Let’s not forget the bed – my wife can sleep on a door; I cannot. After about three hours, I was praying to God for mercy. I moved over to the small chair in the corner where I sat for a couple hours after I was able to scootch it over far enough to get my head out of the over-hanging lamp shade. My back was hurting too much to stand long enough to take advantage of the shower.

Not eager for a waffle breakfast, I poured an OJ: wouldn’t you know it was sour?

With no luggage cart, we had to make multiple trips to carry the bags down. {Remember that backache?} With both of my arms/shoulders full as I went out the door, the desk clerk queried “Are you leaving?” When I replied, “No, escaping!” she said “I get it,” an appropriate end to my night in the best room in the kennel.

Room tip: Book a room for your dog and find another hotel for humans
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kenneth E
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Had an unplanned stay and was hesitant because my impression of Red Roof Inn is you get what you pay for - but I was extremely impressed by the cleanliness of the room. I love that there's no carpet and that it's pet friendly. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. Staff was great.

I left early and only after one night, so can't rate breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank BarbaraL756
Reviewed 23 August 2017

A pet friendly hotel offering clean and comfortable rooms near Interstate 26 and only a short drive from downtown Hendersonville. Service is friendly and efficient. But the breakfast offerings are nothing but waffles. No fruit, no pastries, no muffins, no bread and a toaster, no hard-boiled eggs. Nothing is available but a couple of waffle irons and a batter dispenser.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank beerwriter
Reviewed 22 August 2017

My girlfriend and I were up for the weekend to go to the Dirty Dancing Festival. The hotel was a great price and in a good location right off the interstate and in between town and Lake Lure. The hotel had been newly renovated. Initially when entering our room i got a wet dog smell. I do believe it was do to no air circulation. Once I turned on the a/c it went away pretty quick. The front disk was nothing to write home about. The TV control was a little aggravating. We had to get assistance both night to get our TV on and figuring out how to change the channel.

We did not partake in the breakfast so i can not comment on that. Our room appeared clean, the beds were fresh. Towels were scares. There were only 2 towels. There was only 2 of us but the second day one of the towels were smaller than the other. The bed was comfortable.

I would stay here again because the price was wonderful. When traveling we normally don't spend much time in the room any way. There was a fridge and microwave which was nice.

Really nothing to complain about.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends