Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing time

This was such a fun experience. We brought our daughter back after two years and she instantly knew... read more

Reviewed today
D7843LVcandices
via mobile
Gem of a find

Kids loved "mining" and wonderful selection for great price! Jewelry, rough and polished, great... read more

Reviewed today
Katjul83
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Hendersonville
from US$ 63.00
More Info
All reviews green bucket gallon bucket rock shop great fun mining experience birthday party fun experience rainy day dirt emeralds goats fossils blast rocks crystals finds ruby
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 May 2021 via mobile

I’m a middle-aged woman traveling solo and has not gone mining since I was a teenager. I spent the better part of this afternoon I Elijah Mountain Gem Mine and had a wonderful time. I found some really pretty rocks, but remembered that the key is to “keep the ugly ones“ because they tend to be the more exciting finds. I didn’t know what I had but Jerred helped me go through and I had found some rubies, emeralds, garnets, and sapphires plus a geode and a Megalodon tooth! Jerred split the geode for me and was super patient while I split the ‘precious’ (to me!) gems into separate baggies. And I plan to use the other pretty stones in a fish tank. I see why this place has such a high rating. It’s fun for kids and adults as well. I highly recommend it. Remember to keep the ugly ones! Thanks so much Jerred!

Date of experience: May 2021
1  Thank Beckyrusty
DeanC123123, Owner at Elijah Mountain Gem Mine, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We’re so glad that you had such a wonderful time here at Elijah Mountain. Can’t wait for you to return and enjoy what we have to offer again.

Reviewed 5 May 2021 via mobile

Enjoyed The morning with Elijah’s mountain gem mine very friendly and such fun for the little ones. We had a mother load bucket and were quite surprised with the amount of gems to find inside. First time miners and it won’t be the last. Great gift shop also and upcoming plans for more outside family space sounds great.

Date of experience: May 2021

Thank you for visiting Elijah Mountain Gem Mine. We’re so glad that your family had a wonderful experience mining. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2021 via mobile

Absolutely love this place! The staffs attentiveness and care definitely shows! We’ve done the gem mine both times we’ve been here and haven’t been disappointed. They offer a lot of options on sizing and pricing. Great for adults and kids!! Please take the time to check out the goats they’re so sweet and the kids (and adults) will love to feed them! Definitely a staple in our trips to the mountains!!

Thank you for visiting us again at Elijah Mountain. This summer we have also added Peacocks and Jurassic pond. We look forward to you coming back and experiencing those new features. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 9 April 2021 via mobile

My kids (8, 7, 5) said this was the best part of our 3.5 week road trip! Our youngest found the geode in our green bucket and was overjoyed. Every day (and multiple times per day) since our visit my son has exclaimed, “I cannot believe I found a megalodon tooth!”

We bought the green bucket for the 3 kids. They each found over (1) sandwich size ziplock bag worth of gems along with the geode & megalodon tooth. They got really into the experience so it went a bit faster than I anticipated.. probably 20min. We then shopped for some beautiful geodes. The kids cannot wait to get home and further inspect their finds!

Staff was so friendly!

This was a perfect stop along our drive from Savannah to Gatlinburg.

1  Thank JenDem_Fam

Thank you so much for making the stop to come see us on your trip! We’re so glad everyone had a good time. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 5 April 2021

We came here 2 years ago with my son, now 11, and he begged to visit again when we returned to the area. It didn’t disappoint even on a cold and raining day. We bought a big bucket and it was full of gems and stones that took him ages to sift through. The staff are charming and helpful and the store is full of interesting finds. Would definitely come back again.

Date of experience: April 2021

Thank you for your wonderful review. You’re right! Even on a rainy day the gym minus fun! We hope your return again soon.