“Lived up to reviews”

Daddy D's Suber Soulfood
Ranked #18 of 207 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Daddy D's lived up to its reviews. We had fried chicken, mac and cheese, black-eyed peas, fried okra, cornbread, and banana pudding. It was all good. All of the staff were friendly and attentive — we even got to meet Grandma! Nothing fancy, though they did have cloth table cloths and napkins.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Darn that was great! My wife and I stopped by for lunch, she had fried chicken with mac and cheese, I had fried catfish with fries, and we both got the black-eye peas. It takes a talent to fry a chicken breast without drying it out, this was perfectly seasoned and juicy. My fried catfish was just spectacular, the best I've ever had. Next time I am in Hendersonville I will be sitting down to their buffet.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

I went in for the second time today and had the buffet. Fried chicken, cornbread, and macaroni are the BEST. They also had fried fish and pork chops that looked delicious but the chicken had me, lol. The vegetables might have not been in season and canned, but they were seasoned with love. Dessert comes with the buffet. I asked for peach cobbler to go since I had pigged out and had no room, lol. A super nice young man told me it was not in the choices of desserts for the buffet. I smiled and said okay..just give me the chocolate cake. When I got home, I opened my little box and found the most incredible peach cobbler waiting for me. You know the kind with a top and bottom brown crust and that ooey gooey peach custard that only comes from putting you heart into what you're making instead of throwing it together. No, it may not be on Main street and it may not be where the yuppies hang out and eat. It is where a smart person will go for a good comfort meal prepared by people who come out and actually ask how you are and how the food is. If you want to go pay too much for a plate of noodles and sprigs with two shrimp, knock yourself out. If you want a good meal, check this place out.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

I have found a new favorite place to eat. Any time I get near here, they'll see me. I'm in love with the entire menu. Do yourself a favor, eat here!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Most people steer away from soul food, i steer towards it! I like the fried Catfish, Pork chop, and chicken livers! wonderful sides,too!