“Excellent food, lovely presentation”

Old Orchard Tavern at Cascades Mountain Resort
Ranked #74 of 205 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 34
Description: The Old Orchard Tavern is a premier restaurant at Cascades Mountain Resort open to both hotel guests and locals alike. It features a world-class dining experience with a local Hendersonville-twist. The name comes from the restaurant's proximity to several local and historic apple orchards. The menu features Grass-fed Ribeye Steak, Fried-Green-Tomato Caprese, artisan burgers, fresh seafood, local i
Reviewed 9 November 2017

We had lunch with a small group of seniors who lunch monthly. We were surprised at the excellent food and enjoyed the attention of our waiter/chef? I had the fried green tomatoes appetizer and a small caesar salad....both were beautifully presented with many frills. My appetizer also included some little tomatoes, mozzarella lumps and drizzled with balsamic reduction....and was both crispy and not oily, a hit. The Caesar I was warned was a strange one, a half head of romaine covered with fine slices of cheese and dressing and croutons, and the anchovies that I said yes to! Delicious and pretty to look at, tho a little work to reduce to a salad! My husband loved his turkey sandwich, which featured REAL turkey and a delicious cranberry aoili and cheese on a good thick bread and was toasted like a rueben -- huge also. I ate half the sandwich at home cold and was blown away by the good taste of real turkey. And tho it was definitely in the moderate price range, the cooking was way about expectation. Oh, and my husband loved the fireplace on a wet chilly day!

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We went for dinner and the food was so good, we decided to take guests for Sunday brunch. We were the only table - too sad - because the breakfast was superb. We started with mimosas. You can choose from the brunch menu or lunch menu. We all had brunch, different selections. Everyone was very happy. Food is of the best quality. Our server was proud to tell us that the eggs were from her farm. Come on, folks. You are missing out! Let’s support this excellent chef. (No, I don’t know him. I just like good quality food that is prepared and presented with care.). We tried this restaurant because of the article in the Bold Life Magazine in October.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Tired after traveling all day, we opted for the hotel's restaurant. We were unbelievably hungry. My husband ordered a hamburger. The bun was both crunchy on top and so soggy is disintegrated on the bottom. I ordered the prime rib sandwich. It should have been called a pepper and onion sandwich with prime rib flavoring. Same problem with the bun, crunchy on top, soggy and falling into mush on the bottom. We asked for a side salad and instead, they brought us a "house salad" which was ok, but when we received our check, we were charged $8, instead of the price of a side. I ordered a Coke, he drank water and with the discount our bill was $30. Not worth it!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We went here with friends 2 weeks ago....the food was superb! I came in tonight and it is even better. Do not miss this restaurant!

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Was looking for a place to eat dinner in walking distance from my hotel. Looking at the website this place looked like it would do the trick.

Not very busy this night. A game of Trivial Pursuit was about to start.

Ordered a fried green tomato BLT. Bread and tomatoes had the right amount of crisp and bacon was nice and smoky and done well. Slaw well done too.

A few dollars higher than some places but not having to drive balances it out.