“Fantastic experience”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hiawassee Street
Description: Fine dining in Historic Hayesville, NC. We feature the finest steaks, fresh seafood and signature dishes to please the discerning palate at prices that won’t break your budget. Come enjoy the intimate atmosphere. Our attentive staff will anticipate your needs and insure that your dining experience is exceptional. We are one block west of the old Clay County Courthouse, next door to Square One Interiors by Design. We are two hours west of Asheville, two hours north of Atlanta and two hours east of Chattanooga. We accept Visa, Discover, and Mastercard.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Copper Door is top line from start to finish. Greeted warmly, seated promptly. Server was quick, efficient and knowledgeable. The food, excellent. From their house Wild Mushroom soup, to the wife's Chipotle Chicken, to my Veal Chop. Delicious! Price point is a little high, but the service and quality are too. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We do much enjoyed the evening! Loved the romantic music, the judges paneling, private cozy booth and white table cloths and the food and service was remarkable! I had two glasses of their house chardanay wine, my husband had sweet tea, and we both had scrumptious appetizers and each had a delightful salad. We shared the entree (surf & turf). Our waiter split our meal (I had lobster and my husband had the steak), and my husband had a chocolate cake while I had their cream brûlée. We shared a cup of coffee. We were not rushed, dishes were picked up when done, and the bill was barely over a $100 before the tip. It was worth every penny. We spent over two hours there and will definitely be back for a birthday and another anniversary celebration. Even their bread was delicious! What a delightful and intimate dining experience!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Extremely popular with locals, this restaurant is not one you can just show up to and get a table...maybe after their expansion, but now...we were happy with our seat in the bar... really yummy food, excellent wine list and a relaxed, upscale ambiance surprised us in this sleepy little town that is well off the main travel artery. The fact that guests were treated with hugs and names were used without prompting shows that this is a local hang out. The town itself is wonderfully picturesque and worth a drive around...patron spoke of a local theatre and a play opening...may just be a hidden gem that we were fortunate enough to stumble upon!

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I took my wife to the Copper Door for her birthday. The restaurant sits in a small, and very nice, town and it is a world class restaurant. Every glowing comment we had ever heard about this restaurant is true. The food is a good as I have ever eaten all over the world during my 30 year Army career and since then. For desert we both had Escargot Bourguignons. The snails were firm and very tasty in parsley and garlic butter. For an entree my wife had Shrimp Creole made the right way with andouille sausage sausage and large shrimp. I had Scallops Casino with 4 large diver sea scallops on a bed of linguini with spinach and vegetable. For desert my wife had Bananas Foster and I had New Orleans bread pudding with bourbon and pralines. The Moscato wine was also excellent. Service was also prompt and fantastic.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

Excellent dining experience. From appetizers to your main course its all delicious. The steak cooked to perfection. Excellent wine selection and good drinks.