“nice addition to Hayesville”
Review of Nocturnal Brewing

Nocturnal Brewing
Ranked #12 of 29 Restaurants in Hayesville
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Much needed addition to the square. Great building. Outdoor screened seating will be awesome when weather permits. Beer was great. Adequate wine list. Very nice people. Great service. Food came out quickly. Menu is pretty good - appetizers, salads, burger, trout, steak... Little of everything. Food quality was very good. The bar and dining room are fairly separate. Dining room was still quite loud. Parking a little sparse. Very kid friendly. Definitely recommend.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank TheManagerV
NocturnalBrittany, General Manager at Nocturnal Brewing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks so much for coming in! Great beer, tasty food, and amazing service are what we are aiming for! We are so glad to be a part of the Hayesville community and to share our passion and vision with you all!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This new restaurant is really loud. We walked in and were met with so much clatter and loud music, we were tempted to walk right back out. There is little or no ambiance in this place. Bare walls, bare floors, metal like table tops. Nothing to dampen the clatter. The menu is rather sparce, but pretty high priced for our little town. I had the chicken tenders, which came with a choice of two sides. I chose fries and slaw. The fries were overly seasoned and were not especially hot. The tenders and slaw were satisfactory. My companion ordered the double hamburger, which was two 4 oz. patties, cheese and some kind of sauce. No lettuce, tomato, onions or pickles were offered. It came with one side. He chose cheese grits. He did not say how they were.
The burger had to be pulled apart and eaten with a fork as the portion was so thick he could not open his mouth wide enough to take a bite. All and all we were not impressed. For the price I would go across the street to the Copper Door and enjoy what I am paying for.

1  Thank Bobby C
Brittany R, General Manager at Nocturnal Brewing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are so sorry that you didn't enjoy your first experience with us. We have been really busy which definitely contributes to the noise factor so we will take that into account for sure. As far as our prices go, we use local, organic, and sustainable ingredients and provide large portions for the price that our patrons pay. The description of the burger on the menu let's you know what comes on it which is house made ketchup, mayo, mustard, cheese and onions. Leafy green lettuce is definitely available upon request! Unfortunately, tomatoes are not in season at the moment so we can't get any locally so won't be carrying them until next year when delicious tomato season arrives. If you do decide to give us another shot since we are brand new and have another bad experience, please don't hesitate to ask for myself, Brittany, the GM so that I can do my best to make your experience right! Thank you so much for your time and input!

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Everything was amazing! Staff was super friendly and food was mind blowing. I actually didn't drink anything (I know shameful for not drinking at a brewery) but the portions were huge!! And so delicious!

Date of visit: November 2018
Brittany R, General Manager at Nocturnal Brewing, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Thank you so much for stopping by! No shame in not drinking when the food speaks for itself! So glad you enjoyed everything and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Recently we took a beautiful drive to the tiny town of Hayesville, NC to visit the recently opened Nocturnal Brewery. The building is old and has been beautifully redone to include a space for a brewery and beautiful bar and a restaurant. We arrived to sample the brew which was delicious then at 5pm we moved over to the restaurant side to enjoy a delicious dinner. The food is all fresh and locally sourced. Don’t miss the Brussels sprout salad! Even if you don’t care for Brussels sprouts you’ll love it! The trout was delicious and perfectly cooked and served with a choice of two sides. I had the Mac and cheese which is wonderful! Their burgers, steaks, and hotdogs are from Brasstown meats. They are open everyday but Monday and the service is excellent! Check their website or Facebook page for menus, hours, etc. You’ll be glad you did!

1  Thank Anthony C
Brittany R, General Manager at Nocturnal Brewing, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Thank you so much for stopping by and for the kind words! We are so excited to finally be open and to be able to share our vision of great food and great beer with this community. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2018

first off I am a craft beer nerd,ex military,and was drinking craft beer when it was not cool!Greeted and welcomed by Karli,my wife and I choose the bar to get the true vibe of the place!JOHN ,,the bartender was knowledgeable about the beer ,beverage and food options!I APPRECIATED THE FACT THEY HAD VERY GOOD GUEST BEER TAPS,THAT WHERE TASTEFULL AND UNIQUE TO COMPLEMINT THE SEASON !I ORDERED THE NEW ENGLAND HAZY IPA AND IT WAS DELICIOUS[I AM A NEW ENGLANDER AND IT WAS VERY GOOD]!MY WIFE CHOOSE THE SAISON AND IT WAS TASTY BUT COMPLEX[THINK LATE SEASON SAISON] AND WAS VERY GOOD!WE ORDERED THE BURGER W FRIES ,AND MY WIFE ORDERED THE BRUSSEL SPROUTS SALAD AND THEY WHERE OUT HOT ,FRESH AND TASTY IN NO TIME!IT WAS SO FRESH AND GOOD!i tried the Dunkelweis and it was spot on for the season!A dark rich big on flavor but low abv! We felt at ease talking with the other patrons ,enjoying great conversation,great background music and great food and beverage offerings!WE are already p,anning on bringing our friends this week to get them to enjoy this jewel in Hayesville!KUDDOS TO THE STAFF AND MANAGEMENT FOR STARTING OFF ON THE RIGHT FOOT!

Date of visit: November 2018

Thank you so much for checking us out! I am so glad that you enjoyed our house beers. David, our Head Brewer, is working very hard to get even more of our own beers on tap so be on the look out for those in the next few weeks. We are so proud of the food that our Head Chef is putting out and are so glad that you enjoyed it! We will see you soon for your return visit!