“Wonderful Dining Experience”

Ranked #6 of 39 Restaurants in Hampstead
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 January 2018

1. Time: Sunday, late afternoon.
2. Cleanliness:
Snow and ice were allowed to accumulate in the area immediately outside of the restaurant.
Dining area was clean.
Restrooms were clean and maintained.
3. Busy: Few customers, possibly due to weather.
4. Customer Service:
Hostess seemed unengaged. Again, possibly due to weather and the few customers in the restaurant.
Our server, Zach, displayed excellent customer service. He was very attentive, genuinely friendly, and accommodating. He met our every needs with a smile and a great attitude. At no point did he make us feel rushed before ordering or any time after the main course was delivered. His demeanor and appearance were both indicative of his above average professionalism. A model employee for all others to emulate.
5. Meal:
Appetizer arrived without any delay. Crab Rangoon did not fail to impress. The center filling was warm and plentiful. The outside shell was slightly brown and crispy.
The Drunken Noodles dish was excellent. The beef was prepared very well with a flavorful sauce. The noodles were soft, yet not overcooked. There was a moderate amount of spice that complemented the dish well.
Fantastic Salmon Roll was the highlight of the meal. Highest compliments to the unsung chef who prepared this for us.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

So pleased to finally have a great Asian restaurant in the Hampstead area. I really shouldn't share this but--The new Baked Mussel appetizer is to die for! Anything I've had there has been so appetizing and delicious---the servers and bartenders all seem to enjoy their job. It's a "happy" place....

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We love sushi gem. The sushi rolls are huge and always high quality. They've added a little outside patio dining area which we enjoy. The inside is cool and dark with one side devoted to sports/tvs. Great place to go for a date.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Wanted to give it a try since it is a local business. The food was not on par with the local Chinese joints but was way more costly. I was asked how spicy I wanted my food on a 1 - 5 scale (5 being hottest), I asked for number 5 since i love spicy food. I brought the food home and low and behold, nothing, no heat whatsoever. I will stick with the Golden D for Far East food when I'm not up for driving to that great place on the other side of the tracks in Wilmington. I predict if this place doesn't up its game, they won't last long. Sorry Gem, I was pulling for you.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Lots of choices on the menu. Everyone's meal was delicious. Great service. Nice atmosphere. Will definitely be going back!