Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jane Z
Dunedin, Florida

Clean & Convenient

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 May 2024
One of the cleanest Hilton properties I have stayed at. All staff should feel proud of their work. A call out to Imanti and Mike who do an excellent job at the front desk. They were both so responsive to anything we needed. Mike somehow read our mind when we wanted ice for the drinks we were taking outside. Also, Sharon, who manages breakfast, does an amazing job. I have never seen anyone keep the breakfast area as clean as Sharon. There was a nice breakfast selection and oatmeal that wasn’t glue. The rooms were roomy, fresh and had one of the cleanest bathrooms I have used in a hotel. Also, comfortable beds. The hotel seems new or remodeled; not sure which. The outside seating area was relaxing with nice seating. The pool looked good, but we never used it. The area was quiet and there were several restaurants around. The hotel is right by the conference center, which is convenient for anyone going there. However, we decided we would check if there was an event during our stay when booking again. I imagine the traffic and parking would make the area unpleasant during a convention you are not attending.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: You may want to check if there is an event at the convention hall, as it would add more traffic.
Trip type: Travelled with family
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Best hotel to stay few minutes away from Pitt/Greenville Airport.
₹9,170
    ₹6,756
    ₹6,900
3.5 km from Hampton Inn Greenville
View more hotels in Greenville
All reviews convention center great stay room was clean front desk staff in town ecu graduation college
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 April 2024

I came in Friday Around 6:30pm and I was greeted by a gentleman at the front desk was very nice. Had no issues with him gave me my key cards and I went about my night. That night I had one of the workers and then somebody else come up to my room at 1am banging on my door and when I woke up, my door was open they somehow opened my room and I was confused, which didn’t make any sense to me. I left Saturday morning for work and I came back later that day around 6pm and had no issues, April 28 2024 I went to check out and The lady at the front desk stopped me and told me if I left that she would call the cops on me so the job I do I work out of town every weekend in our directors get us hotels and I guess the director didn’t put a card on file and she was threatening me that if I were to have walked out the hotel she would have called the cops on me and she was just overall not understanding when I told her multiple times that I don’t book my hotels my boss does and he told me that the director of the tournament I was at booked this hotel for me and comped it, I wouldn’t have had any issues if that would have told me that they didn’t put a card on file when I got to the hotel Friday April 26 2024, I was told that if there’s no form of card on file they can’t check me in so which blows my mind they didn’t tell me Friday or Saturday, overall I was not satisfied with my stay or how the hotel treated me…

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2024

Had to stay in a hotel for a few weeks while our home is remodeled. Amazed that this place has the best rating in Greenville, except that - well, it's Greenville! LOL

Pool is always filled with monkeys on the weekends (usually putting it out of order for the week), and unlike other Hampton Inns, they only put out warm cookies in the lobby in the evenings only maybe once a week. Be EARLY for breakfast, because the elevators are incredibly slow (more so when the hotel is full -- and small, so sometimes you have to wait five mins for the next one, even with only 5 floors), and because they stop replacing anything on the buffet at quarter-till and shut the doors promptly on the hour.... seriously, on the dot! It's a decent buffet (as far as hotel breakfasts go), but it's ALWAYS pretty much the same every morning - zero variety for longer-term visits. Worse, droves of visitors were disappointed to find it closed an hour early when Daylight Savings Time kicked in -- (really, would it have been so hard to slip a small note under everyone's door reminding people of the coming time-change the day before?!? Ran into numerous people grumbling about it in lobby, halls and elevators.) Unbelievable! Yet another reason to do away with DST, but even a "little" consideration by the management would have been nice to see -- no such luck.

When its functional, the "Hot tub" or "spa" is really a luke-warm (think leftover bath water) cesspool with a single jet per side. Generally wise to avoid. And be careful using the microwave and TV at the same time in the rooms - often trips the breaker and everything goes dark. We have learned to shut off the TV when we need to microwave anything. The mini-fridge would better be called a micro-fridge. And be ready to travel to the next floor frequently when your floor's ice-maker doesn't work. Bring ear-plugs if you value any quiet next to the Convention Center and the main drag-strip in town, Greenville Blvd, (won't help against the "boom-boom" resonating from the vehicles of inconsiderate young morons though). Despite all that, it's fairly central depending on where you need to go in town, but there are no decent restaurants nearby - lots of crap chains and fast-food right down the street.

On the bright side, there's plenty of parking, the digital keys work 95% of the time, the heat/AC works well, the rooms are "reasonably" clean with "decent" beds -- good pillows and blankets, and maintenance is quick (resetting that tripping breaker). Some of the housekeeping & breakfast/front-desk staff are kind (others smile while telling you sorry, can't help you or just stare blankly).

In short, this place is "maybe" average among "normal hotels" in "normal cities" and decent locations. Certainly better than the Red-Roof Inn, but not by much. The Hilton next door is better for conferences and meetings, and the rooms are a little nicer, but it's nothing to write home about either - nor is the overpriced restaurant there. That probably would get 3-stars. Gave the Hampton only two-stars because it REALLY does NOT deserve the 4.5 star rating average ... NOT EVEN CLOSE! I know Grey-Steel recently did the financing here, (at SOFR plus 250), so really Hilton should do better. Have stayed both here and at the Hilton next door intermittently during construction and really wouldn't recommend either -- BUT there's NOTHING else in Greenville. So this is about it. (I think management knows that. They are almost always booked solid!) ... but for $230/night with taxes and fees, it SHOULD be better!

Room tip: One nice thing - if you need to bring your dog (as we did), they only charge a "per-stay" fee ($75), which is great if you are staying long.
Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2023

Nyesha on the front desk is so easy to offend and will threaten guests if she gets upset. First I heard her being very loud on the phone with what sounded like a coworker. She was throwing threats left right and center. Then she lashed out at me when I asked if everything was alright.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2023

Stayed one night at the Hampton Inn in Greenville, NC which was clean with good service, most Hamptons serve us well in our travels. The added breakfast is always good and helps us hit the road quick in the morning.

Date of stay: September 2023
General Manager, Owner at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2023

Dear BirtrandM,
Many thanks for your review. It sounds as though you very much enjoyed your visit to our Hampton Inn in Greenville. We thank you for your patronage. We are happy to know that you enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel during your stay. We pride ourselves on the culture we have established and the ability of our team members to create the most sustainable, beautiful, and inspiring hotel experience. We strive to be a truly welcoming presence that helps make each guest feel cherished. Our hotel is a great base at which to relax, have a delicious breakfast before embarking on the day’s business. Please come back soon so you may enjoy all our hotel offers. We will look forward to having you back!

Kind regards,
Brett M. GM

Reviewed 23 September 2023 via mobile

Hotel was in very good condition with above average fitness center and average breakfast buffet. Our front desk staff was excellent and really made us feel welcome. Double queen room had plenty of space and good AC. Tub/shower was very slick and it’s super high shower head was unreachable by someone under 5’2”.
Entry to the hotel parking lot is a bit of a challenge as you have to turn left a cross a seemingly non-stop flow of fast moving traffic.
Breakfast was average with a nice communal area to gather with a group.
Pride variety of restaurants close by.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, Owner at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2023

Dear RickD621,
We are thrilled that overall you enjoyed your stay at our Hampton Inn Greenville. I was so pleased to note you were looked after so attentively by the team. Combined with our spacious and comfortable guest rooms and a genuinely caring staff committed to personalized service, our Hampton Inn is dedicated to creating exceptional stay experiences. For this reason, we are sincerely sorry to hear that you returned home underwhelmed by several areas of our service,
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience of not being able to reach the shower head and know that we will find a solution to this. All your comments and observations have been discussed and we are monitoring those areas where you have highlighted a tweak and adjustment need to be made.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we very much look forward to warmly welcoming you back to our Hampton Inn Greenville in the near future.

Regards,