“Very good”

Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Good food, nice atmosphere. Willing to make accommodations for dietary preferences. Cheesy grits with shrimp was excellent (doesn't need the bacon that dish comes with but they'll leave it off if you ask). Very limited selection of wines by the glass (as in two choices - red or white)

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

Our favorite place in Greenville!! Great staff and wonderful drinks and a varied menu with lots of delicious choices. Anytime we go out, this is where we want to go and haven't found better food and atmosphere anywhere. I wish we still lived in Greenville so we could go more often.

Reviewed 9 December 2016

The reviews of Starlight cafe were good ones, and my close friend is in med school near there. I ordered a gift card as a birthday gift and was told it would be delivered in 3 days. I am now 10 days out, no card, manager isn't taking phone calls and I am probably going to have to seek a refund from my credit card company. If the kitchen is as poorly organized as the front of the house, I can't imagine the food is even palatable!

1  Thank Mamasnotcooking
Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

The service was good. Menu selection was a bit limited but varied and interesting. Drinks were very good. Beer and wine selection was good.

What sets this restaurant apart on this visit was the Steak Frites. Three of us ordered this dish. All of us declared this to be the best steak that we've ever eaten! Taste, texture, and degree of doneness were all perfect. The Belgian Frites were awesome with garlic aioli sauce.

The perfect finish was the Marzipan cake with raspberry sherbet. Oh my.

We will be back.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Family from U.K. ranging in ages from 21 to 76 and needing vegan food as well. The chef rose to the challenge and showed us the fresh special mushrooms that had come in that day . He prepared the best vegan meal my daughter had ever had and prepared a vegan pudding from ingredients he had rather than something on the menu. The duck, pork and steak were also excellent, well cooked and beautifully presented. The husband and wife team who own and manage the place came and chatted to us after our meal. I have travelled extensively but this was one of my favourite experiences for food, service and atmosphere. Thank you

2  Thank Karen1961