US$ 80
Rodeway Inn(Franklin)
US$ 66
Priceline
US$ 164
Hampton Inn Franklin(Franklin)(Great Value!)
US$ 106
Hampton.com
Cat Creek Lodge(Franklin)
US$ 156
US$ 143
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We paid $94.27 to spend one night at this motel (The Sapphire Inn) in Franklin. It had a pool, but it was closed, and a veggie garden was planted there instead. We were greeted by a nice young man who said he would give us a discount since I have Triple AAA, USAA and a host of other cards, but my bill did not reflect a discount. The nice young man said there was NO coffee pot in the room, but there would be coffee in the office in the morning. The office door was locked in the morning, and there was NO coffee. After checking repeatedly, I was told that I could make it myself. We declined and went to the nearest MacDonald's where they brewed us a fresh pot. Since the bathtub was moldy, I reported it to the office and was told that in the same room, the shower door had fallen off. Just a word to the wise, skip The Sapphire Inn.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine T
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We are a family of two people who came to Franklin for the eclipse. The reservation was made in February as many places were already booked solid. I had read the reviews and knew that it was an older place, so not expecting great accommodations. So here are the positives: the room was two doubles and the beds were very comfortable, firm with pillow tops. The sheets were clean no cigarette burns or odd stains. The bathroom tub and adjoining sink/vanity were clean. Shower head worked ok. No drain backups. Toilet is eco friendly with the two pushbutton flush. There was no room odor, like a faint cigarette smell, such as we have experienced in other places. The office staff was courteous and friendly. Negatives: The biggest concern was the lack of security on the entry door. There is just the doorknob which locks as one goes out, but when in the room, there is one flimsy little slide bolt. Totally useless. One good kick and the door would be open. The second is the overall cleanliness. Of course, the carpeting has years of traffic and who knows what in it, so we never walk around barefoot. I did see one smaller roach when I opened the night stand drawer. The other drawback is the parking lot. Didn't know the place was built on a hill, so except for a few places that were level, parking is on a slope. Somewhat difficult to walk on if one has disabilities. The original room rate when booked was low, under $100.00, but had to make changes re. room type, so they tacked on an extra $20.00 per, which I wasn't happy about, but everyone else was trying to cash in on the event, so I can't single this place out. Overall impression: it needs a lot of upgrading.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Booked a room here, just needed a place to sleep and shower. Unfortunately, I didn't do either. It was fully booked due to the eclipse event, so I paid $99 for the room for a Saturday night. Other places in the Cherokee area were going for $300-$500 a night, so I went the cheap route. I was told about a "shower leak" issue upon checking into the motel......the manager was out buying parts for it to fix it. He called about 9:15pm to say he was ready to come and fix it, but wasn't sure how long it would take. He said I would be able to shower, but if the people above me used their shower, maybe it would leak into my shower. So I took a risk and said NOT to come fix it.... was planning on leaving very early AM. So maybe 3 hours of sleep for me.

The people above me partied all night, until 3am. I had ear plugs, a floor fan and the room's A/C unit going full blast and could still hear them. So I got up at 6am to shower...... When I turned the hot/cold knobs, water barely trickled out of the faucet. Then couldn't turn the knob to make the shower start at all. Tried turning it right, left and pulling it, pushing it, etc. NOTHING. So no shower for me.... at all. And even if I could shower there, it was so nasty and disgusting that I wouldn't have stood under it.

So I went to check out at 7am, was going to ask for some ice for my drive home......no one in the office. Looked for an ice machine and found a REFRIGERATOR outside by the coke machine, I assumed that was how I was to get ice. Oh, and it wasn't working either. So no ice for me and no one there to complain to.

So rather than complain to someone who probably didn't care...... I decided to complain here and make my voice heard.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We were just trying to be cheap and do quickly planned weekend get away to the North Carolina Mountains. The Sapphire Inn helped make that possible with their low rack rate and convenient location. The room was older, but neat and clean. We slept well and enjoyed the stay. It was nice to park right outside your room for unloading and loading.
Staff was really nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Would pick a room on upper level
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I had to pay $100 (w/taxes) for one night's on 7.31.17. For that price I would have expected much more, like something equivalent to the Hampton Inn.
THE BAD: Hard Beds. Hard pillows. Musty Smell. Lamps not working. AC had only 2 temps ('Antarctica' and 'Off'). Few Outlets. Slow WiFi.

THE GOOD: Close to charming downtown Franklin. Hot Shower with good pressure.

This experience makes me wary of staying at independent motels any more. I much prefer the Branded Motels.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family