All reviews previous owners making improvements under new ownership an older hotel comfortable beds gathering hikers rates bedding
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

I confess-I violated my own policy by not reading the Trip Advisor reviews. I'm the queen of value priced hotels, but this is the worst place I have ever stayed in in my 69 years. We were passing through for 2 reasons: visiting my husband's parent's graves and dining at the acclaimed Caffe Rel. I can handle the mismatched decor, the worn out furniture, but the bathroom was simply disgusting! Mold is intolerable! On the plus side, it's cheap, mattress is comfortable, a/c works and there's a mini-fridge & microwave. The pool must have been filled in-I thought it was a vegetable garden at first, but no-just some big, healthy weeds.
Franklin hotels have never been as cheap as they look-$35.00 would be a fair price for this room.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank ginnymom911
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

If you are going for value, this is your hotel. It has walls. It's clean. It's value. It's convenient to town, gas, food, highway, etc. Don't expect fancy or the perks, and you are golden. This is perfect for those families coming to check out the mining.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank leannak2015
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Checked in for a overnight stay. Pleasantly surprised with motel. Updated room with new carpet, new flat-screen TV and mattress. The bathtub was worn but otherwise clean. proprietor JD was very friendly and made sure our stay was pleasant.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Daryl S
Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

This is a great motel if you like just plain Jane. I really liked staying here. The people are fantastic and there's a restaurant across the street that's fabulous. Walking distance of downtown. So many things to do. They are working really hard to upgrade the rooms but we were comfortable. And they love pets!

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie K
Reviewed 3 January 2016

The room was fine, the bed comfortable and it had a refrigerator and a microwave. The rates here were much more affordable than what others were charging so to me it was a great value. The non smoking room was clean and smelled clean. New management took over the hotel a few months ago and they are working hard to upgrade everything. The hotel is clearly in a better place than it was just a few months ago under the previous owners. Management made it clear that our satisfaction was important.

Room tip: Great location to access area attractions.
Date of stay: December 2015